Following respectful and good-faith dialogue with members of the local community which has been rebuilding since the trauma of 9/11, Occupy Wall Street hereby announces the following Good Neighbor Policy:
- OWS has zero tolerance for drugs or alcohol anywhere in Liberty Plaza;
- Zero tolerance for violence or verbal abuse towards anyone;
- Zero tolerance for abuse of personal or public property.
- OWS will limit drumming on the site to 2 hours per day, between the hours of 11am and 5pm only.
- OWS encourages all participants to respect health and sanitary regulations, and will direct all participants to respectfully utilize appropriate off-site sanitary facilities.
- OWS will display signage and have community relations and security monitors in Liberty Plaza, in order to ensure awareness of and respect for our guidelines and Good Neighbor Policy.
- OWS will at all times have a community relations representative on-site, to monitor and respond to community concerns and complaints.
Occupy Wall Street
October 13, 2011
Note: In conjunction with local community members and their representatives, OWS is also working to establish off-site sanitary facilities such as port-a-potties.