So you want to form a new group with #OccupyWallStreet? This page will give you all the information you need to make that dream into a reality!
Our best advice is to find an existing group and join forces with it. United, we will be stronger than ever. If you truly think that none of our existing groups could potentially benefit from what you have to offer, it is possible to create a new group. As decided by the General Assembly on 12/20/2011 the policy for new groups is as follows:
New groups must:
- Agree to uphold these guidelines:
- Provide a public mission statement which does not conflict with the NYCGA principals of solidarity
- Publish contact info on the NYCGA website. A working email or phone number will be required, and both should be provided if possible.
- Be based in NYC, and hold at least one open meeting per week within the New York metro area. The time and location of this meeting must be listed on the NYCGA website.
- Publish minutes from at least one meeting per week on the NYCGA website that demonstrate at least five members in attendance. (Groups will not be considered out of compliance with this guideline until attendance has been less than five members for three consecutive weeks)
- Arrive at consensus at the General Assembly.
We want your new group to succeed and we’re all here to help! The following resources are available to you to help you meet all the requirements listed above.
- ComHub/Info is committed to supporting groups through this process. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (917) 524-8732
- Charlotte’s Place, 109 Greenwich Street, Open Monday to Friday noon to 6pm. Computers open to the public.
- Tech Ops Group. Meet Wednesday and Sunday, every week 6pm at 60 Wall Street or email them at email@example.com. Help setting up email addresses, google voice phone numbers and NYCGA group web pages and group blogs.
- New York Public Library, Fifth Avenue at 42nd Street, Open Monday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday 10am to 6pm, Tuesday and Wednesday 10am to 8pm and Sunday 10am to 5pm. Computer open to the public, one day passes available.
Sorry. You must be logged in to view this form.