Think Tank Logistics meeting 15 January 2012.
Attendees: Marie, Evan, Daryl, Cristian, Tim, Courtney, Ingrid, Lily, Emily, Hannah, Nina, Evan (the other),
J17 Occupy Congress
J16 Ed and Empowerment African burial grounds
Mobile think tanks
Working group status
New left forum
J17 occupy congress
– Accommodation: Ingrid’s grandmother
– Schedule: Check Aaron’s email
– Van, leaving Port Authority at 7 be there at 6:45 at least.
– Courtney is driving
J16 E&E African burial ground event:
– Think Tanks in solidarity with E&E events but it has been dropped
– Details: 10am at the African Burial Grounds.
– Don’t want to interfere with the PoC teach-in. Emily to contact Alejandro.
Mobile Think Tanks
– Cristian – report back from Queens GA TT
– Possible TT at the Brooklyn GA – best way is through a working group. (meet 3 nights a week – Metrotech, Williamsburg, sunset park
– Pittsburgh. Still have a camp – sub zero temperatures.
– Think Tanked the occupy your mind event
Working Group Status
– someone from Comhub charlotte’s place weds thurs fri 12-2
– In order to be a wg within the ows structure.
– Whether or not we stand independent from E&E. Does it make sense to cluster with them or be a subgroup?
– Also whether or not we’re an operation group – E&E is currently compliant but not an operational group.
– Spokes is not currently running for WGs in general not just operational.
– Whether or not we’re part of EE is separate from whether or not we’re compliant.
– Hannah is going to sort out our compliance. (mission statement, minutes, attendees)
– Table the discussion on whether we should be part of education and empowerment. One possibility is to see Education as a cluster relationship.
– January 29th Washington Square Park, 11-5
– Organisational meeting: 6:30 weds, 7 Thursday , 60 Wall
Student Debt Event St Peters College, New Jersey
– Invite to Think Tank
– Proposal accepted: ¾ people to represent/Think Tank?
– 2 reps to be there at 4:30/ rest starts at 5.
– Use TT money to cover tickets – $10
– Possible reps: Hannah, Nina, Marie, Cristian, Tim, Courtney, Ingrid, Lily
– meeting this week. 7 Thurs. Be great to have as many attendees as possible
New Left Forum:
PROPOSAL HAS TO BE DONE BY THE 20th:
– ask for 2 hours to think tank?
Announcement: Looking for footage of police brutality from D17
African Burial Ground: Yay or nay?