Mobile Think Tank
Facilitation list stuff
Move forward on idea about restructuring GA.
- January 29th Pop-up occupation: Will need a think tank contingent.
- Inter-GA – how to facilitate
- “Barn-raising project “– doing interviews with different community based organizations/organizers. Process of creating an archive. Meeting: Tuesday 7:30/8. Do we want to be involved as a Think Tank?
- Canvassing – suggested that they can send people to TT. Going through community organizations/people handing out flyers on subways/going door to door. Canvassing training on Sunday 7 at 60Wall
- Spokescouncil last night, went well.
- Previous 2 spokescouncils went less well but we do now have an ‘operational’ spokescouncil. Spokes are reassessing the definition of SC groups.
- MSNBC roundtable.
ACTION: Googledoc the questions
- get people from the email lists and get them involved in setting up the blog.
- After each think tank session: Write a paragraph, take a photo and make it into a blog post
Mobile Think Tanks
- QGA – getting participants of the QGA to facilitate their own TTs.
- Need a demonstration of solidarity between TT and QGA: need TT people to take a certain amount of lead simply to explain what the mobile TT is – potentially changing facilitators from TT-QGA for the second hour.
- Report back from Staten Island Ferry Terminal Mobile TT:
- Proposal to get mobile TTs going as often as possible.
- Atlantic terminal –
- Brooklyn has its own Occupy – we should as an act of solidarity contact local GAs before to engage them in doing mobile TTs
- Focusing mobile TTs around transport/transit hubs. These would be a non-competitive way of engaging many people. Look for hot-spots: Harlem etc
- Supermarket lots/public libraries
- Push for permits for this.
- Additionally we should be at occupy events: J15 at riverside church – candlelit vigil MLK day.
- DECISION: Meet Saturday 1pm Times Sq steps/ steps of the MET Sunday
- Still have 60 Wall TT 3-5
- Cathy has donated an 11 seat van.
- Goal is to leave on Monday 16th
Spokes and GA
- imperative to get people to go to Spokes/GA – at least one person.
- ACTION: Emily will create a schedule.
Separate Facilitation list:
- can we make the facilitation schedule open to everyone?
- How do we get recordings from non-logistics facilitators?
Tabled til Sunday
Restructuring the GA:
- we have something to offer – offering it as a replacement or addendum to the GA
- Sit down and write about it AND ALSO hold think tanks about the