Mobile Think Tank
Facilitation list stuff
Move forward on idea about restructuring GA.
– January 29th Pop-up occupation: Will need a think tank contingent.
– Inter-GA – how to facilitate
– “Barn-raising project “– doing interviews with different community based organizations/organizers. Process of creating an archive. Meeting: Tuesday 7:30/8. Do we want to be involved as a Think Tank?
– Canvassing – suggested that they can send people to TT. Going through community organizations/people handing out flyers on subways/going door to door. Canvassing training on Sunday 7 at 60Wall
– Spokescouncil last night, went well.
– Previous 2 spokescouncils went less well but we do now have an ‘operational’ spokescouncil. Spokes are reassessing the definition of SC groups.
– MSNBC roundtable.
ACTION: Googledoc the questions
– get people from the email lists and get them involved in setting up the blog.
– After each think tank session: Write a paragraph, take a photo and make it into a blog post
Mobile Think Tanks
– QGA – getting participants of the QGA to facilitate their own TTs.
– Need a demonstration of solidarity between TT and QGA: need TT people to take a certain amount of lead simply to explain what the mobile TT is – potentially changing facilitators from TT-QGA for the second hour.
– Report back from Staten Island Ferry Terminal Mobile TT:
– Proposal to get mobile TTs going as often as possible.
– Atlantic terminal –
– Brooklyn has its own Occupy – we should as an act of solidarity contact local GAs before to engage them in doing mobile TTs
– Focusing mobile TTs around transport/transit hubs. These would be a non-competitive way of engaging many people. Look for hot-spots: Harlem etc
– Supermarket lots/public libraries
– Push for permits for this.
– Additionally we should be at occupy events: J15 at riverside church – candlelit vigil MLK day.
– DECISION: Meet Saturday 1pm Times Sq steps/ steps of the MET Sunday
– Still have 60 Wall TT 3-5
– Cathy has donated an 11 seat van.
– Goal is to leave on Monday 16th
Spokes and GA
– imperative to get people to go to Spokes/GA – at least one person.
– ACTION: Emily will create a schedule.
Separate Facilitation list:
– can we make the facilitation schedule open to everyone?
– How do we get recordings from non-logistics facilitators?
Tabled til Sunday
Restructuring the GA:
– we have something to offer – offering it as a replacement or addendum to the GA
– Sit down and write about it AND ALSO hold think tanks about the