- Report back from Spokes
- Proposals for TTing internal conflicts
- NESRI sponsored meeting
- Report back from mobile TT subgroup
- Moving our regular meeting time to not conflict with the GA
- New facilitators only list – accessibility
- Twitter account
- Codifying facilitator process
- Radio Show
Possibilities for TT on the road
- upcoming NLG/OWS legal WG event
- Occupy the primaries in New Hampshire
- – late-January fashion show at Judson memorial
- – J17/OccupyCongress
- – J20/OccupyTheCourts
- Emily’s FEAST proposal – do we agree? Someone to help.
Report back from Spokes:
- Spokes dissolving into soapbox drama.
- What should the TT do?
- Friday’s SC meeting.
- New cluster: Solutions cluster – different councils being created. More movement oriented councils, could the TT fit into a movement spokes?
- Announcements on ComHub.
- Email from Stefano Black: ongoing discussion about having regular mediation/non-violent communication sessions – does the TT want to integrate with that?
- Ways TT can directly plug in:
DECISION: Everyone to read through the email from Stefano
- Anyone who wants to should come to the meeting at NESRI next week, 5:30 about a possible roundtable.
Report back from mobile think tank:
- Mobile Think Tanks:
- Occupy Staten Island – General Assembly in the ferry terminal Friday 30th 6pm.
DECISION: to postpone the Queens MTT until next week and take advantage of the Staten Island presence. Go to the ferry terminal at 5 to not conflict with the SI GA and to catch rush hour.
ACTION: Courtney to email flyer to be printed tomorrow morning. (Lily)
ACTION: Get more mobile TT stuff
ACTION: Comhub announcement (Hannah)
Other places to be tomorrow:
- Staten Island GA 6pm – (Aaron, Courtney, Nina, Lily, Tim)
- Mobile Occupation 60 Wall – (Nina)
- Outreach Cluster at 60 Wall – (Courtney, Nina, Lily)
- Spokescouncil – (Hannah)
Moving our meeting time:
- Alternating times:
DECISION: better to interfere with Spokes rather than the GA?
ACTION: create a new doodle. (Courtney)
New Facilitators List:
Proposal to create a separate list of people facilitating
ACTION: To create a CC list for facilitators separate from the logistics team and have someone act as a point of contact for new facilitators (Nina)
The current OWSThinkTank twitter owner has agreed to relinquish the name to us.
Codifying the facilitator process:
- Got the process from Michael Nash
DECISION: To ask facilitators to spend 10mins to write a summary of the session which they then email to the googlegroup
DECISION: to send the facilitator guidelines to new facilitators on the contact list.
PROPOSAL: Susie willing to maintain a blog of the think tank discussions
DECISION: to send Susie the summaries we have agreed to write.
Serious Radio: This is the launch of one 6 hour slot which may become a regular 6 hour slot going out to 20 million listeners!
- potential interest in TT snippets
1) Submitting material to be edited by January 3rd – finding a good TT or two which would be aligned with the themes of MLK day
2) Start slow and easy: start one a month for a few months and maybe go up to one a week if there is enough editors etc. Podcast/RSS
- Putting sessions on itunes? Give files to NYU and Aaron could put them on itunes to have a distribution channel for raw stuff.
DECISION: Start slow: RSS or Podcast: email Stephanie to form a subcommittee: email@example.com
- NLG/OWS event 3rd Jan, 5-7, 56 Walker: TT to facilitate breakout groups (Courtney, Tim, Lily, Aaron)
- Occupy the Primaries, January 10th: Paul Getsos – sending 230 people to N.Hampshire would like to have TT involvement:
ACTION: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with interest. (Hannah)
- Late Jan Fashion Show: fashion show fundraiser for OWS: wants facilitators to help swank out the event.
ACTION: Email to get more info/ address potential criticisms we have (Hannah)
- Occupy Congress, Tuesday January 17th: Signs/Mobile TT HUMAN CHAIN AROUND THE WHITE HOUSE!!!!!
- Occupy the Courts, January 20th: Going to Federal courthouses – TT on corporate personhood.
FEAST fundraiser January 21st:
Emily needs someone to write the proposal by January 4th (she can give the template).
ACTION: Contact Emily to put together a proposal (Hannah)
TT mobile think tank on NY resolutions!