OWS Think Tank logistics meeting minutes

Posted by & filed under .

Agenda:

 

- Report back from Spokes

- Proposals for TTing internal conflicts

- NESRI sponsored meeting

- Report back from mobile TT subgroup

- Moving our regular meeting time to not conflict with the GA

- New facilitators only list – accessibility

- Twitter account

- Codifying facilitator process

- Blog

- Radio Show

Possibilities for TT on the road

-       upcoming NLG/OWS legal WG event

-       Occupy the primaries in New Hampshire

-       – late-January fashion show at Judson memorial

-       – J17/OccupyCongress

-       – J20/OccupyTheCourts

- Emily’s FEAST proposal – do we agree? Someone to help.

 

 

Report back from Spokes:

-       Spokes dissolving into soapbox drama.

-       What should the TT do?

-       Friday’s SC meeting.

-       New cluster: Solutions cluster – different councils being created.  More movement oriented councils, could the TT fit into a movement spokes?

-       Announcements on ComHub.

-       Email from Stefano Black: ongoing discussion about having regular mediation/non-violent communication sessions – does the TT want to integrate with that?

-        Ways TT can directly plug in:

DECISION: Everyone to read through the email from Stefano

-       Anyone who wants to should come to the meeting at NESRI next week, 5:30 about a possible roundtable.

 

 

Report back from mobile think tank:

-       Mobile Think Tanks:

-       Queens

-       Occupy Staten Island – General Assembly in the ferry terminal Friday 30th 6pm.

DECISION: to postpone the Queens MTT until next week and take advantage of the Staten Island  presence.  Go to the ferry terminal at 5 to not conflict with the SI GA and to catch rush hour.

 

ACTION: Courtney to email flyer to be printed tomorrow morning.  (Lily)

ACTION: Get more mobile TT stuff

ACTION: Comhub announcement (Hannah)

Other places to be tomorrow:

-       Staten Island GA 6pm – (Aaron, Courtney, Nina, Lily, Tim)

-       Mobile Occupation 60 Wall – (Nina)

-       Outreach Cluster at 60 Wall – (Courtney, Nina, Lily)

-       Spokescouncil – (Hannah)

 

 

Moving our meeting time:

-       Alternating times:

DECISION: better to interfere with Spokes rather than the GA?

ACTION: create a new doodle. (Courtney)

 

 

New Facilitators List:

Proposal to create a separate list of people facilitating

ACTION: To create a CC list for facilitators separate from the logistics team and have someone act as a point of contact for new facilitators (Nina)

 

Twitter Account

The current OWSThinkTank twitter owner has agreed to relinquish the name to us.

 

Codifying the facilitator process:

-       Got the process from Michael Nash

DECISION: To ask  facilitators to spend 10mins to write a summary of the session which they then email to the googlegroup

DECISION: to send the facilitator guidelines to new facilitators on the contact list.

 

 

Blog:

PROPOSAL: Susie willing to maintain a blog of the think tank discussions

DECISION: to send Susie the summaries we have agreed to write.

Radio Show:

Serious Radio: This is the launch of one 6 hour slot which may become a regular 6 hour slot going out to 20 million listeners!

-       potential interest in TT snippets

 

2 PROPOSALS:

1) Submitting material to be edited by January 3rd – finding a good TT or two which would be aligned with the themes of MLK day

2) Start slow and easy: start one a month for a few months and maybe go up to one a week if there is enough editors etc. Podcast/RSS

-       Putting sessions on itunes? Give files to NYU and Aaron could put them on itunes to have a distribution channel for raw stuff.

DECISION:  Start slow: RSS or Podcast: email Stephanie to form a subcommittee: stephafly@gmail.com

 

 

Upcoming events

-       NLG/OWS event 3rd Jan, 5-7, 56 Walker: TT to facilitate breakout groups  (Courtney, Tim, Lily, Aaron)

-       Occupy the Primaries, January 10th: Paul Getsos – sending 230 people to N.Hampshire would like to have TT involvement:

ACTION: Email paul.getsos@gmail.com with interest. (Hannah)

-       Late Jan Fashion Show: fashion show fundraiser for OWS: wants facilitators to help swank out the event.

ACTION: Email to get more info/ address potential criticisms we have (Hannah)

-       Occupy Congress, Tuesday January 17th: Signs/Mobile TT HUMAN CHAIN AROUND THE WHITE HOUSE!!!!!

-       Occupy the Courts, January 20th:  Going to Federal courthouses – TT on corporate personhood.

 

FEAST fundraiser January 21st:

Emily needs someone to write the proposal by January 4th (she can give the template).

ACTION: Contact Emily to put together a proposal (Hannah)

 

New Years:

TT mobile think tank on NY resolutions!  

 

 

 

Comments are closed.