OccupyWallStreet.net – Content Meeting
- Scope of site is for the New York City General Assembly Occupation
- Big red “donate” button
- Concern that there might be backlash from people without computers
- It is a website which requires internet access
- People submit, and a curator reviews, and a copy editor checks it for spelling and facts, and then a content manager puts it on to the site
- Concern: Issues may come up regarding possible turf issues… who gets to be content manager, fact checker, etc
- Will test and modify as needed.
- Shawn wants to get deeper into this, play the roles in the launch content phase, and see how it plays out
- CQ: How do we decide what does and doesn’t go up on the site?
- Shawn: Horizontalism doesn’t mean nothing gets rejected
- Content team can condense on moving forward with a story
(lots of people leave)
Content Submission Needs
- Owen wants to do the climate change content..
- Informational pieces on NDAA and ACTA
- Natasha from Tidal for mayday
- OccuTrip – Collaboratively written
- F29 -
Stories about Working Groups
- Charlie wants to do a three part history of the Library.
- Cara from outreach do a story on outreach, what canvassing is like.
- Archives – N17 told through occupy map and tweets
- Street Medics – Collaborative
- Carrie wanted to do something from direct democracy.
- We’d need to check on permissions to reprint stuff off the wire
- Rotating tag lines under the title, different each time
- Fuck Monsanto…
- remnd other peoples
- GA Consensed Statements
- Initial Launch – ability to publish in different languages
- Future Release Consider – Site translation
- Owen will translate GA statements into Spanish
- Word Counts
- Update occupywallstreet.net to add submissions CTA
Occupywallstreet.net is coming soon.
We intend to create a public face to Occupy Wall Street by sharing stories that are current, topical and informed.
We invite you to contribute content.