Mobile Occupation Working Group Charter
This group is forming in response to the requests and the growing needs for interconnectedness within the global occupation. To this end we propose the Mobile Occupation working group. The purpose of the mobile occupation is to help this global movement thrive, not to be representatives of OWS.
The Goals of the Mobile Occupation are:
– Information exchange (sharing information and best practices)
– Educational training (ie: facilitation, intro to direct democracy, non-violent communication & mediation)
– To develop the inter-occupational infrastructure
– To boost the morale of other occupations and grow a culture of sustainability, non-violence, peace, self-empowerment, patience, compassion, creativity, cooperation, and innovation
Outreach to Occupations
For the purpose of establishing effective communication and building bridges between occupations we propose contacting each occupation to learn more about their current infrastructure and goals (how big, what is working, what hasn’t worked, where they see the movement going, how can we help).
Outreach to OWS working groups
We are requesting a report from each working group and caucus to compile and share with other occupations. This report should include contact information for the working group, a couple of personal contacts, the focus or purpose of the working group, lessons learned, and any information, resources or initiatives they want to share. We will need the support on the ground from each working group to make this mission successful.
First steps to achieving our goals:
We will be launching our first solidarity tour of east coast occupations to begin establishing a personal and physical infrastructure for support and communication. Anyone is welcome to join this working group, or the tour. We are seeking diversity and integration of the established working groups and caucuses to participate in the Mobile Occupation.
– To develop our own transportation network
– To develop a mobile skill-sharing network
– Assist in the continually evolving inter-occupation infrastructure
* This is a living document and can be updated at any time by consensus