Meeting Minutes – Tech Ops Working Group 11/13/2011

Posted by & filed under .

 

-Moratorium on new ideas unless the proposer is willing to bottom line it

* Charles will b-l refusals :)

 

Report Backs

 NYCGA homepage wireframes

- in process; multiple iterations

- soliciting comment on content, structure and timeline

- meeting to discuss UX in more depth; incl. OccupyWallStreet.net – outward facing site

- forum posts for people to get involved

 

Google Apps

- launched on Thurs/Fri

- roll out: replace email forwarding for NYCGA groups

- 25 of the 45 total Apps accounts have been activated

- trainings with Outreach and Kitchen

 

Occupy Map

- geospatial data visualization tool.

- #occupymap hashtag feeds into map

- mobile apps can fed into it

- needs more promotion

- Issues for discussion:

event specific vs. covering the whole moment

lots of apps to pull and push data

- collecting geo-tagged tweets

- “occupation research” on tweets

 

Tech Call

- Nashville has spare developers

- Atlanta can host conference calls

- Austin is developing DRONES

next meeting is being scheduled; on the wiki/meetings

 

ComHub 

- Bringing together Info, media, etc. groups

- Monday 2pm meeting: Helping Info use nycga.net to get the word out about their internal communications

- training is important so people know how to use the existing tools

 

Issac, FreeNetwork Foundation

- civil suit regarding destruction of original Freedom Tower

- Tuesday- building new tower: contact info to Issac

- FNF tools: working instances of RedMine, Chili, BetterMeans and Etherpad

 

Project team documentation

- fill out and update google doc with who is doing what (not what you want to help with)

- Patricia will bottomline re-structuring the wiki to reflect this document

- engagement protocols: what does a project need to have to get moving?

 

Project Management 

- a bunch of tools: put those in the wiki too.

- Dana will list out the resources for PM available in the forum

 

Budget/Finance Mtg

- costs: hosting, email, SMS gateway, FCC charge on GSM system, SSL certificates, Domain registration, equipment, transportation (metrocard, bike repair), etc.

- Ravi will bottom line putting the budget together if people will get her the numbers

Ted and Tom- hosting needs and costs- all self hosters should contact

SSL, Sendgrid- Patricia

 

Shared email

* Totally didn’t understand any of this  so whoever was in the breakout group please add stuff in

 

Mass emails

Issues: mass emails become representative of the movement so be careful; power gets imputed onto larger lists

Basic principles: WGs get 5 lists; 3 larger lists affiliated with WGs on behalf of community- local info (outreach) national list (mvt building) interoccupation communication (inter-oc); Consensus on editorial, frequency, etc.; effective campaign emails even if we aren’t campaigning on specific issue. GA and Spokes can also access those 3 lists.

http://wiki.occupy.net/index.php/Proposed_Rules_for_Managing_Email_Lists_at

Please consider and we will discuss next meeting

 

CiviCRM Training tmw 4-6pm, 50 Bway

 

Assigning emails, apps etc to groups as they emerge (Drew, Jake will draft ideas and bring to group)

 

Relationship between Tech ops, IWG, etc.

- consistency in name: Technology Operations Group

- next steps about consolidation next meeting

- Devin will make a thing on the wiki

 

Digital Strategy

- clarity of nycga.net site purpose

- wiki document: http://wiki.occupy.net/index.php/OWS_Digital_Media_Strategy

 

Drew going mobile

- will off load all his contacts

- Drew is open  to having people shadow him to take on his responsibilities

- brainstorm the tool kit for Drew to share

- interview people for FGA

-  come program with us!

 

OccupyWallStreet.net + Livestream = happiness

One Response to “Meeting Minutes – Tech Ops Working Group 11/13/2011”