- Steve B
- Monica McLaughlin
- Dallas Carter
- Chithra K
Mission Statement of A&T and other WGs:
There was a general discussion regarding rewording of the mission statement.
- Monica: Suggests that our mission statement be short and sweet to make buy in and consensus easier to achieve
- Chithra - we don’t have to physically appear at GA if we are providing extensive and detailed information online
- Trish has joined the meeting and wants to add agenda item re providing evidence of meeting InfoHub reqs without compromising anonymity
- Trish: Trish states that she rejoined ATWG after J20 InfoHub rule kicked in. We can position ourselves to move forward quickly with our mission now. If someone has an issue with WG meeting InfoHub reqs, it is under ATWG mission to verify that requirements have or have not been met; Also publicizing funding sources and verify expenditures.
- Monica: Whether or not WG requirements for InfoHub are met or not is not a transparency issue. The transparency would be whether or not the evidence of meeting the guidelines was posted. We are not enforcers.
- Monica: PoI – our current statement says “ensures accountability and transparency”;
- Chithra – for every 100 ppl, 99 opinions. This is the challenge. When ppl have their eyes on the prize transparency become more possible. Inclusiveness and transparency leads to fairness
- Chithra: as far as fine tuning mission statement says we should use words like invite and assist, avoid words like monitor or control because those types of words create a safer mental space in which to view the. concept of accountability and transparency in terms of fairness rather than policing and regulating.
- Better transparency empowers us to work more effectively
- Dallas – we should crowdsource definition of accountability and transparency via the wiki before taking anything to GA
- Chithra – to ensure transparency
- Steve – Suggests using the word ‘Promote’. The group likes the term ‘promote’
- Monica points out that some people within OWS are claiming to fill roles that they do not actually fill in order to maintain control
- Steve discussing tactics and reoccupation, specifically Kitchen and park rules about bringing food containers inside the park
- Steve telling the group about an experience that he had with Finance WG re the park cleanup in October. States that there was a dispute re reimbursement for cleaning materials, mops, soap, etc.
- Monica: if OWS ‘comes back’ Finance/Accounting will try to assert their influence again.
- General discussion of
speaking aboutSpring and pickup in actions and visibility as related to uptick in funding.
- Monica and Steve discussing Finance WG positioning themselves as press spokespersons and making unilateral decisions on funding requests when people have approached them directly.
- Steve handed around copies of a letter he wrote regarding fundraising and financial management as it pertains to the image of the movement
- Trish: Spoke about an incident at Spokes involving allegation of theft 300k was stolen via wire transfer.
- Trish: Christine reportback to Spokes mentioned wire transfers and she feels there is a question of misappropriation or malfeasance
- media WG involved and the topic is being buried by Spokes
- states that NYCGA WG has been given permission by Spokes to bottomline investigation and followup of allegation since Spokes did not address it
- Trish: She states that NYCGA WG has 55-60 members
- Trish: mission is to monitor and facilitate accountability within WGs and the GA
- Trish – NYCGA WG does not ever badmouth other WGs as a matter of solidarity
- Trish discussing InfoHub requirements and allegations that NYCGA WG fakes minutes and attendance Chris Rieder and Justin Stone-Diaz in particular bringing unsubstatiated allegations
Meeting adjourned at this point ~3:30 PM