1. EFFECTIVELY CONNECT OUR OCCUPATION WITH THE GLOBAL MOVEMENT – BY
A. FACILITATING THE GROWTH OF LOCAL MOVEMENTS FOR DIRECT, ORGANIC, PARTICIPATORY CONSENSUS-BASED DEMOCRACY.
A. Facilitating the growth of local movements for direct, fundamental, consensus-based democracy.
B. STUDYING OURSELVES AND OTHER LOCAL OCCUPATIONS TO FIND MORE IDEAL MODELS OF CONSENSUS BUILDING, DECISION MAKING AND COORDINATION THROUGH, TRANSPARENT, ITERATIVE DESIGN.
B. Studying ourselves and other local occupations in the effort to constantly build more ideal models of consensus and decision making. To coordinate these ideas the process must be transparent.
C. FINDING POINTS OF HARMONY OF VISIONS/GOALS/ACTIONS ACROSS LOCAL AND REGIONAL PEOPLE’S ASSEMBLIES FOR DEEPER IMPACT.
C. Finding points of harmony relating to our visions/goals/actions with other local and regional general assemblies. This could help to unite and strengthen us all.
D. Consolidate Resolutions, Declarations, and Statements published or ratified by all General Assemblies of the Occupy Movement into a single web site easily navigated by General Assembly, or by document.
D. Include a list of ratifications with each document and encourage General Assemblies to ratify documents published by other General Assemblies.
E. CREATING THE EMOTIONAL AND ACTUAL PHYSICAL SPACES FOR THIS PROCESS FOR THE ORGANIC DISCUSSION OF THE FUTURE TO UNFOLD.
E. Find permanent indoor spaces to continue our work.
F. ENCOURAGING EACH OCCUPATION TO FOCUS ON THEIR LOCAL ECONOMIC, CULTURAL AND POLITICAL ASSETS AS A SPECIALIZATION OF THE MOVEMENT (OUR SPECIALIZATION IS THE FOLLOWING) – AS WE
i. MAKE NYC A FUNCTIONING FOCAL POINT FOR OTHER PEOPLE’S ASSEMBLIES TO DISSOLVE AND OVERCOME THE UNACCOUNTABLE PRIVATE ENTITIES ROOTED IN MANHATTAN, OUR SPECIALIZATION.
(1.) IMPLEMENT NON-PROPRIETARY (FLO) SOLUTIONS FOR EVERYTHING.
1. Encouraging each occupation to focus on their local economic, cultural and political resources and strengths. Example: NYC is the financial capital of the US. We should strive to make the financial powers that be adhere to the will of the citizenry.
2. CREATE AN ECONOMY IN HARMONY WITH NATURE.
2. Create an economy in harmony with nature so the ecosystem that we depend on for life will be properly maintained.
3. EMANCIPATE THE WORLD’S COMMUNITIES FROM CENTRALIZED FINANCIAL SYSTEMS.
3. Emancipate the world’s communities from the current financial systems to one that is wholly transparent and is accountable to the citizens of their respective nations.
4. CREATE PARADIGM-SHIFTING EDUCATION THAT EMANCIPATES GLOBAL CITIZENS FROM EXPLOITATIVE, COMMUNITY-DESTROYING CONSUMER CULTURE AND EMPOWERS ALL PEOPLE WITH THEIR OWN VOICE.
4. Create an educational system from cradle to grave that emancipates all global citizens to free up time to allow them to continuously self-educate.
5. RE-APPROPRIATE OUR BUSINESS STRUCTURES AND CULTURE, PUTTING PEOPLE AND OUR EARTH BEFORE PROFIT.
5. Reorganize our business structures and culture, putting people before profits.
6. RE-APPROPRIATE OUR MEDIA CULTURE PUTTING TRUTH AND DIALOGUE OVER ADVERTISING AND SENSATIONALISM.
6. Media resources should be a balance of publicly owned media outlets alongside those based on private principles as long as each has unfettered access to portray ”reality” in their own way. This ’check and balance’ will keep the media from becoming completely corporatist or totalitarian.
7. DEFINE AND DEFEND HUMANITY’S INALIENABLE LIBERTIES FROM THE BOTTOM UP.
7. Define what constitutes inalienable liberties and then ensure them through a bottom to top perspective rather than a top down approach.
8. CREATE PEACE ON EARTH WITH TOTAL DEDICATION TO NON-VIOLENCE.
8. Create peace on earth with dedication to non-violence as a final end. In the meantime, the 2nd amendment will still apply. Keep working for peaceful solutions to economic, social, political, etc. problems.
9. ELIMINATE ALL DISCRIMINATION, PREJUDICE, AND JUDGMENTS BASED ON SOCIALLY CONSTRUCTED GROUP LABELS IN THE PAST.
9. We will strive to eliminate all discrimination, prejudice and judgements based on socially constructed group labels in the past, present and in the future.
10. FACILITATE THE PEACEFUL HARMONY OF HUMANITY’S RELIGIOUS, SPIRITUAL AND EXISTENTIAL TRADITIONS.
10. Facilitate the peaceful harmony of humanity’s religious, spiritual, humanistic, agnostic and atheistic belief/non-belief systems so as to tolerate each others’ differences without prejudice.