Meeting Minutes – Tech Ops – 2012-3-25

Posted by & filed under .

Notes for OWS Tech Ops meeting 2012-3-25 (at Erica’s office)
Present: Pea, Shawn, Darrell, David, Casper, Erica, Matt, Owen, others
What follows is edited down from the full pad (not on notes.occupy.net because that’s down): http://piratepad.net/tech-ops-minutes-2012-3-25
Agenda (that we got to)

1) reportbacks
2) email address policy
3) financial status / budget
4) terms of use
5) front page of NYCGA.net
Reportbacks
Pea on NYCGA.net:
Suspended a couple of NYCGA.net users
Pea on OWS.net development:
Zero progress on development since last week b/c developers were at Drupalcon

Have call every Thursday

Shawn on OWS.net content:
Content has 10 articles ready for editorial process.

We have a tentative editorial workflow, but haven’t run anything through.

Darrell on Coop:
Start with skill spreadsheet, need people to fill info, also take a look at notes and give feedback.
Next meeting is 4pm Friday at Commons.
Email address
Shawn presented proposal last week, didn’t get consensus. Doesn’t tonight either

Narrowing proposal: can every member of the content team at OWS.net have an email address for use in the editorial workflow at request? (pea, shawn, devin make call)?

Passes by consensus
Financial Status / Budget
Report from Matt: $250 owed per month for servers (Datagram), $400 for livestreaming, paid on Dan’s & Devin’s credit cards, Matt has money to pay them back what we owe them so far. Dan has ~$1200 (extra battery money) which we can use going forward. That’s it. Unclear if we’ll get any more out of GA.

Proposal gets consensus:

* We pay what we owe people that they’ve spent already from the funds we already have
* If we can get any more money from Accounting (even just back pay for Feb/March), we pay for Teradeck for 1 more month. At the end of that month, absent further funding, we shut it off (we still hope to find a donor). If we can’t get any money, we cut off Teradeck now. (There is a $200 cancellation fee for AT&T data plan.)
* We save whatever money remains to keep Datagram servers running as long as possible.
Matt will get ahold of Devin & Dan to get invoices/receipts, Matt & Darrell will get together at some point this week and put it all online somewhere. We’re not sure if Shawn is currently our financial point person, but if so he’s replaced by Matt.
We should be scanning & uploading all receipts. Everything that people have should be emailed to tech@nycga.net. Take a picture with your phone if you don’t have a scanner.
Terms of Use

We consense on prohibiting unauthorized disclosure of personal contact information in Terms of Use.

We table “personal information” more broadly, David will come back with proposal on better wording.
Also, we consense that Pea can move the policies from the Docs to pages so it doesn’t look like she just made them up.
Home Page
Matt wants livestreaming somewhere on NYCGA.net homepage – specific place to be left to designers. Every day there’s something right now.

Comments are closed.