TECH OPS MEETING
SUNDAY – FEBRUARY 12TH – 6:00 PM
60 WALL STREET
- LiveTweets from @LibertySqGA, @LibertySqGA2 @LibertySqGA3, @LibertySqGA4 are now posted in reverse order
- Pivotal tickets moved to Redmine
- GitHub structure has changed
- BloombergBucks launched and was well received
- Permabank – GPL was agreed upon
- Occupy Wall Street email Newsletter – met last week and have tentative idea of what
- Might want to make newswire.occupy.net channel that pulls in the blog feeds
- Should live on occupywallstreet.net also
•Sub-sites on Occupy.net
- Analytics, forums, classifies, ideas, etc.
- Getting multiple requests for analytics
- Gotten 2 requests for idea
- Ideas for visions and goals
- Challenge – need people to support these products
- What are the requirements for making products live?
- Tech management – managing bugs and monitoring site function
- Community management – moderation
Occupywallstreet.net content meeting agenda-setting
- What are the structures that are needed right now?
- Editorial Workflow Process
- Building a database of potential Content, Launch Content
- Wireframes and Content Streams
- Content DEADLINE for initial submission: 2/22
Laptop distribution – how are we dealing with them?
- Proposal: Continguent on SIS approval, laptops will be given to them for storage and distribution
Lady’s proposal and how it relates to TechOps
- Lady will table her item because she doesn’t have the paperwork
TechOps strategy – discussion for a future meeting
- Put on the agenda for next sunday as a major discussion.
- a prioritizing the large numbert of responsibilities we have
- Propose we discuss at future TechOps meeting (put on agenda for two weeks from now)
- Interested in doing something like open courseware
- Could TechOps help developing testing?
Analytics and reporting
- What kind of analytics would be useful to report out?
- Could be cool to publish project update info
- There is a WP plugin that enables easy publishing to the front-end