Meeting Minutes – Tech Ops 2012-01-15

Posted by & filed under .

http://notes.occupy.net/p/techops_meeting_1_15_2012

Introductions and Report Backs
* Jane – LAMP stack develeper ready to help with whatever. Has talked to Jake and is coming to the meeting.
* David
** PermaBank is getting underway again, fixing bugs. All the core functionality works, but we still need messaging. We still need usability team and a hosting plan.
* Tom – PHP, sys admin
** Migration from Apache to NGINX is ready to go. Needs to get out budget.
* Charles – CRM enthusiast and policy czar
* Georgiy – python and C++ programmer
* Patricia – project manager, front end dev and nycga.netrrrrr and occupywallstreet.net
** NYCGA.net next release is coming with more templates for blogz
** OccupyWallStreet.net designs are almost locked down. When that happens we’ll get the theming and site building going.
* Devin – community, wiki, tech liason
* Erica – designer, UX, UI, helped with wiki skin, ows.net designs
** Wiki skin is handed off to Amgine and Aeon so it’ll be a few weeks before it’s implemented. Did revisions

Agenda Items
* “Emergency NY Tech Meetup” http://nytm.org/sos/ – make a plan to get in contact & recruit people there?
** Name is a misnomer – this is not a meetup, it’s an Action on Wednesday at 12:30-2
** Event is posted on NYCGA
** Recruiting folks during the event.
*** David will print stuff out
*** Outreach has a bunch of crap
*** We could publish our statement
*** We should have links to a petition and a volunteer form
*** Do other stuff to spread the Occupy message
* Permission Review: TechOps Group and Blog – who needs admin status and who doesn’t.
* Request for Feedback on TechOps Project Requirements
** Transparency
** Accessiblity
** Accountability
** Andrew’s Suggestions
*** Project “adblock”
*** Services Page/Broschure
*** Monthly Audit to keep project list up to date
** Erika
*** We need a marketing/communication point person.
** We’re putting this with Policies
* SOPA black out – Jan 18
** We empower admins to do it
* Policies
** What are the obstacles to voting to approval the policies?
** Some of the propositions are controversial – we need participation
** This is an online version of the community agreement safer spaces is proposing
** Our acceptible use policy should address community agreements
** We could approve different parts at different times
** Charles will bring the ‘terms of use’ policy next week, Patricia will provide feedback on wednesday
* CRM ‘Project’ scope, definitions, point people
** Is TechOps providing a fast and easy CRM solution, or are we providing something that “adhere’s to our principles?”
** The Civi is being asked for by many occupations and we’re looking at incorporating all the features of Civi into the OWS movement.
** There’s nothing stopping us from implementing another mailing list only solutions – we can do both in tandem.
** The issue of permissions need to be addressed ASAP.
** Charles should propose an alternative.
** What is the movement clearing house?
** We need to look at how all these solutions – subdomains, etc – are being implemented on a group by group basis.
** Charles – who makes a decision about sending out these emails?

Left on the table:
* Project point people discussion
* Tech culture event – going, recruiting, etc
* Real briefly discuss the phrase/idea of “open source” as opposed to “free/libre” as it relates to us. I want to change the phrasing in the principles of solidarity. And sorry, gonna be late today.
* Race, gender and class in TechOps
* Request for Feedback on Occupy,net Structuring

Comments are closed.