- occupywallstreet.net design meeting
- 12/29/11 5:30pm
- In attendance: Devin, Patricia, Jake, Katie, Devin
Content team meeting report back:
- need to reorganize flow of information from groups to communities
- Amin, Natasha and friends of Tidal want to help out
- Media wants to help out
- everyone wants access to outward facing site
- idea: blog on nycga.net for groups would be the content feed for ows.net
- editorial: organize contributors. occupy wall street journal has access to writers (Grim)
- do we want to make submission process public or private?
- three main ways to feed content in: newswire, autorized groups (media, pr, design, etc.)
- have categorized posts, editorial (working groups act as curator for outside content)
- some solid content creators and press releases and GA proposals are enough to start site, content-wise
- once the site launches content creators outside will come to us
- v1 site map already set
- colors on editorial portion represent categories
- Devin would like to see a large hero image in place of the LiveStream/video section.
- default video in hero area could be featured video from Media and LiveStream could be a secondary tab
- we need a tag line/more explanation when you hit the page. what is occupy wall street?
- more current news content
- spokes/GA callout up top?
- Devin likes color scheme of B
- Katie likes high contrast colors
- everyone is in favor of red, some think a different kind of red, maybe darker
- bottom line below article should be removed and more space vertically between articles
- maybe tabs for different article types, dropdown makes less sense for filtering
- keep sort by drop down: most recent, most read
- do we need to rework the entire wireframe now that we have new ideas about livestream and hero content?
- I like how in the editorial section, the headline is a block color with type on top of it.
- I like the horizontal GA/SC sections.
- Buttons for press kit, contact don’t look like typical buttons
- I don’t like how he ripped off good.is for the category markers
- Don’t like the horizontal “fold” in the announcment bar background
- In footer, donate button is too far right. Look at Katie’s instead.
- We Like:
- Black, yellow and red (need to find right red)
- Angles of top-level nav
- Occupy Wall Street
- Like tabs
- Like treatment of Twitter/news
- Update wireframes
- Revise visual design
- Need tagline(s) (maybe multiple taglines that rotate?)
- Ask to post on Twitter