Meeting Minutes – nycga.net support call 11/04/2011

Posted by & filed under .

Meeting Minutes

Date: 11/04/2011
Location: Skype
In attendance: Lippe, Patricia

Agenda thread is here.

Current Google Form System

We feel an auto-responder would be appropriate to give initial recognition of feedback. Appears as though it’s not possible w/Google form. May be possible using scripts.

Patricia offered to help respond to current form feedback, needs to be allowed to send-as support@ (this has been done 11/4)

We feel feedback should be separated:
Suggestions:

  • Authentication/Registration issue (Could be linked to via login form)
  • Site use support
  • General Feedback

Moving from Google Form

Patricia will investigate and set-up demos of WordPress plugins designed for site comments/support.

3 Responses to “Meeting Minutes – nycga.net support call 11/04/2011”

  1. MikeC

    Meeting Notes for Internet Working Group Meeting: 11-6-2011

    I have not been able to figure out how to post the meeting notes directly to the Docs sections, where other meeting notes are posted. So, I am posting them here as a comment the previous Meeting Notes. Perhaps someone can move them up in the Docs section.

    Reportbacks:

    There are now wireframe mockups now on nycga.net.
    Here is the link: http://internet.nycga.net/
    We encourage more wireframes.
    Margaritte, in UX, is implementing the CSS. The mockup is in a post called facelift.

    The FGA project needs help with people to do interviewing and/or transcribe interviews. The interviews will be done by next Friday. There will be three interviews per occupation, for 10 occupations.

    There is now development / staging / production envirinoments for several projects; these include projects such as Zimbra, an advanced email system.

    There was a meeting on Wednesday for the Wiki project. There are our main use case for Wikis
    - Resources for groups
    - For Collaborative documents projects
    - For projects that span multiple areas
    - For Documentation of better practices among different occupation groups

    It was noted that the Outreach WG is also putting together a similar guidebook

    Wikis are really great for doing research without having to know markup
    The link for the Wiki is: wiki.occupyeverywhere.org
    News Feed from different occupations

    There will soon be office space at 50 Wal St; should have access by next week

    Support now has 3 people. Trying to build a very condensed backlog of key issues.

    There is a need for teachers to show how to use Skype: 412 Broadway at 9:00 pm.

    Network access needs some foundational work, to be back online within the park within the week. Freddom Tower 2 will have a server for audio / video / chat. VPN is set up already with LA, Austin, San Antonio.

    Volunteer form: 17 signups since last week.

    Agenda Items

    MikeC presented his view about the need for Mobile:
    - There is an urgent need for internet access for people living in the camps. Mobile is probably the best way to achieve this on a broad scale.
    - One approach to Mobile is the Adobe Flex / AIR system. This allows devs to write a single code-base (ActionScrip / MXML) that can create native apps for both iOS (iPhone / iPad) and Android (phones / tablets). The Flex system can allow mobile app development for both the WordPress (nycga.net) and Drupal (FGA) web projects.
    - HTML5 is working well in several ways that can provide easy mobile app development for multiple OSes, multiple devices, etc. This also can allow mobile access for both the WordPress (nycga.net) and Drupal (FGA) web projects.

    Sam Boyer provided some clarification about what he is looking for in the “integrator / coordinator” positions for the FGA projet (Note: Sam was not present, but his views were presented by MikeC, who spoke with Sam by Skype earlier that day)

    integrator / Coordinator roles
    - responsible for organizing meetings,
    - they need to communicate effectively
    - they should be points of contact that people coming in can be directed to.
    - there must be good cross-communication between sub-projects
    - Sam wants to have meetings with about 8 persons (coordinators) who represent the full range of FGA issues, with a total of about 30 people working on the FGA project.

    RonS: expressed concern about Project Management, and that he felt the Drupal developers were apparently going to take over the nycga.net site from the WordPress developers.

    Lippe said that he is a Drupal developer, but has been working to support the WordPress site.

    Drew: we need to figure out what to do for the SpokesCouncil meeting: Monday 7:00 pm unknown locatoin
    - how are we going to represent everything:
    - should we have a single spoke for Tech to represent IWG / FLO

    There was a long discussion about whether the IWG should only oing have one voice on the Spokes Council, or more.

    Drew: we do need to have
    1) A charter
    we already have draft charter online
    2) A spoke
    3) some ideas to discuss

    Drew’s Proposal: have a single “Tech Operations Group” that include both the IWG and Open Source groups.

    Evan: we are working to get an internet tent on the site. He was at GA to present an emergency message, and said that only 4 people said they were living on site

    Project Management
    Ron: wants to have a PM who rotates, and who priorities key issues

    Lippe: we need to have a lot more devs if we are going to have enough people to work with a volunteer system