I will try to edit this doc
But, please treat it as something real (not just a test)
Purpose of this Doc
Test the new web site features, but also do real work wrt coordinating offers of help.
Features in the current version to help finding volunteers
Enter your skills in your profile
- From the Top Navigation Menu, go to “My Account > Profile > Edit”
- Enter your skills separated by commas
- After all is working each “skill” listed becomes a link and clicking the link will return a list of all members who have listed that skill.
Project-centric listing would be great. Though I’m not sure how technical we can get, with BP. Maybe this is another app we can tie in?
1. The project is entered in the Project listing.
2. Project listing includes skills needed and how many +people might be required.
3. Volunteers sign up to projects.
4. When the # of people required join a project, it alerts members.
5. Members reconfirm their availability and agree to meet
*I’ve proposed this type of project-centric app to the Arts & Culture Committee, but still waiting to hear back. I find all groups need a kind of automated system to help them with projects at the occupation and at the General Assembly.