This definition was consented upon at Communications Cluster meetin on Dec 5, 2011.
Additions in brackets are suggestions subsequently brought by Tech Ops.
- must hold at least one public meeting per week in New York City
- is based in New York City
- is constituted of a minimum of 5 people
- adheres to principles of transparency by publishing on NYCGA.net [or submitting a written copy to Comhub]:
- their contact information
- meeting minutes which include number of attendees [hand-written minutes should be typed and e-mailed to comhub]
- a mission statement, charter, or other descriptive text that describes what they do and how they do it
group: applies to groups of all types, including, but not limited to Operations Groups, Working Groups, Caucuses, and Movement Groups
New York City: is defined as the 5 boroughs