First meeting of Workgroup – Charlotte’s Place 3:00 – 4:30
attendees: Ted Schulman, Ted Hall, Harvey Newman, eCo Lake, Fred, Charles, Ana, 4 others
Define mission of workgroup:
- Create awareness of United Nations Earth Summit as a global event where the worlds governments, banks and corporations are meeting to define a “green economy”
- The Earth Summit can be a global focal point of the Occupy Movement.
- The timing – June 2012 allows for movement building throughout the winter and spring.
We are already in discussion with the MobilizeUS public awareness campaign (http://www.humanimpactsinstitute.org/MobilizeUS.php). A coalition of environmental groups including: the Human Impacts Institute, 350.org, Earth Day Network, Global Kids, We Canada, and many others. ( http://www.humanimpactsinstitute.org/mobilizeUSresources.php#Partners )
- We propose the workgroup embraces the Bolivian Government’s Harmony With Nature proposal to the Earth Summit. (https://earthsummit.nycga.net/harmony-with-nature/)
- We propose the workgroup embrace the MobilizeUS – Top Ten Asks: (http://bit.ly/srjKw2)
- We propose the workgroup embraces the Free/Libre/Open Source imperative: ( http://floearth.org )
- We propose the discovery, definition and development of economically, environmentally and socially transformative and evolutionary open source systems.
- We propose a direct action campaign around the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee and the Prime Minister’s choice not to attend the Earth Summit. ( https://earthsummit.nycga.net/the-queens-diamond-jubilee/)
- Environmental and sustainability
- Economy and Alternative Currency
- Direct Action
- Think Tank