Proposal passed at emergency movement building meeting tonight:
We will hold off buying tickets for Egypt until Saturday (after the G.A. )
Before then we will:
- Collect more information to explain the story including who invited us and why, and other information we collect before then
- Check with other voices who were involved in the Egyptian revolution
We will have an open forum to which everyone is invited where folks can learn about the information we collect, and air their concerns. This will take place at 6 PM this Wednesday at 60 wall. The information we will share at this open forum will be brought to the Tuesday movement building meeting at 6 PM at 60 wall.
We will have a special movement building meeting at 5 PM Friday at 60 wall, to discuss and consense about a possible friendly amendment to bring to the G.A. Saturday(11/19). Everyone is invited to this meeting as well. However we urge everyone who attends the Friday meeting and cannot make it to the Wed open forum to read the notes from Wed beforehand. We will also briefly recap what happened Wed at the beginning of the Friday meeting.
We will announce and promote these two separate meetings broadly. We will have livestreaming and video of both of these events.
If we decide on a friendly amendment, and it does not pass the Saturday G.A.(11/19), the original proposal will stand as is.
Groups should continue with the nominating process and have final names into us by 9pm on Thursday, in case the proposal does stand as is. The nominees should send their application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Put together info for Wed open forum meeting (Maria, Joel, Andy, Lizbet)
Find facilitator for wed open forum from facilitation committee (Marissa)
Spread the info about Wed and Fri events (Joel – wall st. org, Cari – internally, Abe – tweets)
Facilitator for Friday meeting (Will discuss at Tuesday MB meeting)
Reach out to livestream and video peeps for both wed and fri (Cari)
Announce at GA tonight (Cari)
Agenda items for Tuesday meeting:
1. Review info for Wed open forum
2. Approve facilitator for Wed open forum
3. Discuss facilitation for Friday meeting