Political Action & Impact Working Group Meeting 2/3/12
The Political Action and Impact working group will focus on making an impact on the political system and government by vigorously taking the message of OWS to the people, media, and government. This will be accomplished through mailings, the internet and related applications, as well as other creative means. We will attempt to coordinate our actions with other working groups, as well as show support for and participate in their actions. Importantly, while we may express opinions and aims regarding certain issues (such as campaign finance reform), we will not endorse or support specific candidates or parties. We will maintain our independence and honor the spirit of OWS. Our main goals are ‘action now’ and getting the word out to the 99%.
- Who are we, and why are we here?
- Go-around and self-introductions
- What is Political Action & Impact?
- A brief recap
- What’s cooking?
- Occupy Town Square (bi-weekly – NYC)
- Super Tuesday (March 6 – Mass?)
- National Occupation of Washington, DC (March 30 – DC)
- May Day (May 1 – NYC)
- NATO/G8 (May – Chicago)
- RNC (August 27-30 – Tampa Bay, FL)
- DNC (Sept 3-6 – Charlotte, FL)
- Election Day (November – All over)
- What’s our role?
- Vision & goals
- How can we achieve it?
- Who can we work with?