To the Governors and Congress of the United States of America
You, I, and all of Humanity must heed the following calls for change to prevent massive human casualties that will result from an environmental and ecological collapse brought on by a near-term loss of the Earth’s ability to support even half the current population of People, Animals, Plants, and all forms of Life due to loss of food, water and habitat, atmospheric and oceanic poisoning, warming, and acidification, extreme climate changes worldwide, increasing severe weather and drought, glacial melting and sea level rise, constant and increasing levels of exposure to electromagnetic radiation, unsustainable resource exploitation, and numerous other examples of irresponsibility, poor stewardship, and lack of foresight. These largely self-inflicted factors will be amplified by naturally occurring phenomenons such as earthquakes, tsunamis, invasive species, and solar storms, in addition to inevitable human reactions to these inter-related crises including war, revolution and failure of political and economic systems, all of which will hasten and exacerbate the greater crisis. We must act now to avoid unimaginable suffering due to our collective moral failures, for we shall all be held to account.
- Ban all pesticides, herbicides, and fungicides for 50 years, or until their effects are comprehensively studied and well understood, and the harm they cause can be effectively mitigated, whichever comes last.
- Ban all bio-accumulating chemicals, such as those found in most plastics, from all household goods, agricultural processes, and any industrial process that may introduce these chemicals into food for human consumption, consumer goods, or aquifers until they can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt to be safe (meaning that each permitted chemical, household good, and agricultural or industrial process causes no preventable harm, illness or injury to the public at any point in anyone’s life).
- Ban the use of antibiotics and hormones in poultry, pork, beef and all other forms of food production, and the exposure of animals to un-natural and un-sanitary living conditions, which together inevitably contribute to the destruction of aquatic ecosystems, disease outbreaks among humans and all types of animals, and the mutation of dangerous new diseases with severe yet unpredictable consequences for all of Life on Earth. Enforce this ban for the next 50 years, or until the effects of these drugs and farming methods are comprehensively studied and well understood, proven to be safe beyond a reasonable doubt, and any residual harm they cause can be effectively mitigated, whichever comes last.
- Ban the release of emissions from fossil fuels incineration for 50 years, or until the harm they cause can be effectively mitigated, whichever comes last.
- Ban experimental GMOs from human consumption for 50 years until the effects of consuming GMO produced biotoxins and/or other un-natural tissues and/or substances can be comprehensively studied and understood, and the harm they cause can be effectively mitigated, whichever comes last.
- Ban the release of self-replicating, un-natural GMOs into the environment for 50 years, or until their effects are comprehensively studied and well understood, and the harm they cause can be mitigated, whichever comes last.
- Ban the emission of electromagnetic radiation, which could cause cancer or other potentially traumatic unforeseen effects on Humanity and the ecosystem we all depend on, for 50 years, or until the effects of the emission levels that we are currently exposed to (and would otherwise be increasingly exposed to) can be studied and understood, and until, from that new understanding, safe limits on emissions can be set and the harm these emissions cause can be effectively mitigated. This requires long-term exposure studies before exposing the general population and the ecosystem we all depend on to these emissions to avoid a potential global catastrophe. Ban all electro-magnetically radiating devices and facilities (which all contribute significantly to the dramatic rise in cancer) for 50 years, until the levels of radiation (which would otherwise continue to increase exponentially) that these devices and facilities expose us and all other life on Earth to can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt to be safe (meaning that each permitted electro-magnetically radiating device or facility causes no preventable harm, illness or injury to the public at any point in anyone’s life).
- Ban commercial fishing with nets over 20 feet wide or in vessels over 36 feet long for 25 years, or until fisheries are replenished to natural, pre-industrial levels and the harm caused by overfishing can be mitigated through other methods, whichever comes last.
- Remove all hydo-electric dams and replace them with new, in-line, non-obstructive hydro-electric systems that will not impede fish migratory patterns, reduce available habitats or food-chains, or otherwise harm the ecosystem or biodiversity.
- Ban aquaculture techniques that are not based on facilitating natural, stable, sustainable, and complete aquatic ecosystems, and/or which are not wholly compatible and symbiotic with all other inter-related ecosystems, food-webs, and migration patterns on Earth.
- Immediately develop and implement comprehensive programs and systems which actively and effectively will restore the oceans, the soils, the atmosphere, the ecosystems, and biodiversity as closely as possible to Earth’s natural, stable, sustainable and evolving pre-industrial state by eliminating airborne and waterborne pollution, hypoxia, acidification, greenhouse gas emissions, and hazardous materials, natural gas, and oil spills, through all available means, including, but not limited to, gradually, humanely and democratically reducing the Human Population to a sustainable level, effectively prohibiting over-fishing, removing the possibility of future environmental pollution/spills by whatever means necessary (including an outright ban on oil/gas wells or even usage, storage and/or transport of hazardous materials and pollutants altogether, if necessary to prevent a mass extinction event), capturing and actively removing atmospheric carbon and all other industrial pollutants, capturing and actively removing pollutants and toxins in rivers, lakes and oceans, stabilizing the global temperature change and sea level rise, restoring natural habitats, assisting re-population and bio-diversification when possible and appropriate, removing impediments to natural migration routes on land, air, rivers, lakes, and oceans, and by seeking to restore Earth, and all the forms of Life that it hosts, to their natural, sustainable, thriving, and evolving state, in every way that we are able, as is God’s will, or billions of our descendants will die, and those who are fortunate enough to survive in spite of our sins will be driven back into the caves.
Although some of you may consider this guidance excessive, or I an alarmist, unfortunately, neither is true. If you delay in addressing this crisis and fail to lead Humanity down a Just and Righteous path, you will eventually be forced to act before it is too late, or the blood of the fall of our civilization will not be washed from your hands, and the truth of the events and the individuals that led us to our fall will never fade from history. All will be judged and held to account. I urge you, act now, and define your legacy.
Oikos Nomos. Oeconomicus. Set thy house in order.
Written by an American