Stuff we said we’d do:
*Billy has copies CA, going to present to Occupiers and find out when to do CA open discussion
*Billy will talk with Occupiers about if/when to do Active Listening Survivor Support skillshare (Angela, Nikki, maybe Leah)
*Nikki and Angela facilitating sustainability mtg
*Leah will get Google Voice changed from Maryse’s
*Nikki to get streetliving zines from HR outreach for Billy
*Leah will send out deescalation email she saw
*A’yen to followup about website
Sustainability meeting=Wednesday 730pm-1015pm at Leah and Nikki’s! (if you need the address, email the leah or nikki!)
present: a’yen, leah, winter, max, mirza, nikki, fanya, alexander, angela, billy, daniel joined later
Union Sq update
-organic occupation after m17, positive for outreach, table there, think tank 7d/wk
-$$ rolling in once again, disputes over spending, how to avoid past mistakes
-why is GA still happening at Zuccotti?
-WGs enc to have a presence at USq
-occupiers being brutalized and traumatized daily by police
-action idea to move occupation…..protest
*Billy has copies CA, going to present to Occupiers
-last week stressful and traumatic but lots of beauty
-plice trying to make it look bad by taking signs, shoes, not letting people sleep
-NEEDS: water, sunscreen on sunny days…
-aware of sensitivity to community already at USq
–>what can Safer Spaces do? CA discussion, active listening/survivor support teach-in, supporting e/o in processing trauma
Proposals passed: when we meet, we meet at Usq (have rain/cold location); open discussion on CA–billy will corral people for open meeting to talk about what people think is important and discuss what SC passed; will do an active listening for survivor support–Angela, Nikki, maybe Leah–some day this week, Billy will find out when good time isd
Community Dialogue 3/26 @ Unity Hall on W23rd st.
grievance process, restorative justice teach-ins and circles…..more!
Angela will update
-Alexander is talking to a comic book artist that can illustrate CA in english and spanish!
Safer Spaces could possibly help with deprogramming zone to help people process, talk about what’s happening, heal
May Day messaging–Why are we striking? Come up with ideas related to safer spaces/anti-oppression
-poss public art–I’m striking on May 1 because I want to end Rape Culture, etc etc
-safer spaces can help with jail support
-those arrestable can help within the PIC-system with support
-talk more at next meeting!
-event at Central Park on April 14, same day as NYC Anarchist Bookfair
-angela might f/u
Safer Spaces website
A’yen’s friend make resource list
send resources to A’yen!
Liaising with other groups
practice creating stronger connections with other groups
put ourselves out there, go to groups, let people know what safer spaces does and survivor support
prioritize making strong connections with groups
lots of awesome folks on occupying gender panel, connect with those folks and groups!
Matthew’s meeting agreements/codes of conduct basically the same as CA
short deescalation process, leah will fwd it out
she thinks it is good, basic
Next week! Angela and Nikki decided not to include regular meeting business on Sustainability agenda, so…….
Agenda April Fool’s!
CA next steps
Project list for ows posting
Protocol to respond to calls for help