1/15/2012 Queer/LGBTIQA2Z Caucus Minutes
– Glittertops, laptops for homeless
– Computer store report back
– MLK Day – Union Square Occupy for Jobs
– Occupying Document
– Transphobia and Housing
– Computer Overhaulers
– $129 with bad battery, $200 with working battery.
– Refurbished Dells
– Check for laptops online, ask Facebook group to find bargains
– Is it Glittertops or Glitterbook?
+ CONSENSUS Its Gittlertops!
– Get donations, coffee shops, hacker/maker spaces
– Be sure it is marginalized people helping marginalized people
– Say that the ideas came from trans-male disabled
+ Work on copy, web page, flier
– How to send donations?
+ Find businesses and organizations willing to be drop off points
+ Look into setting up an account at a mail box store
+ Sean to ask queer groups if they can provide any space or an address
Meeting at Center?
– Thinking of maybe having a meeting at the center
+ Brandon reaching out to center to set up a time and space for a Sunday at 1pm meeting at the center, sometime in February
– We need to prepare information, materials, and agenda for this meeting as it may be large.
MLK Day March and Events
– Occupy for Jobs march in Union Square
+ Meet 12:45pm at movie theater at 13th and Broadway.
– Post on Facebook about events
+ Joe to ask point people for contact info that is ok to public
– Razor reports there are issues with how the Host an Occupier program is operated
– We need to find more housing options that we trust to send people to
Transphobia and Housing
– Razor writing up something on trans phobia and other severe marginalization issues and discrimination within OWS
+ Queer Caucus will do a tour of homeless and shelter options in the future. Working on making contacts with these organizations ahead of time.