Date(s) - 04/07/2013
7:00 pm - 11:30 pm
Category(ies) No Categories
Clemente Soto Velez Cultural Center
107 Suffolk St.
For more current info: http://anarchistbookfair.net
This year (the 7th edition) We want to create a festival only with women. From experimental music to live performances, video installations and projections, we have been experimenting a lot with the Anarko Art Lab over the last 6 years. In previous years the book fair used to be at Judson Memorial church and the Anarko Art Lab and Festival used to be with and at The Living Theater (but unfortunately TLT was closed last week)
We will be this year at Clemente Soto Velez Cultural Center, a dynamic multicultural center on Rivington & Suffolfk Streets at April 7 between 7pm until 11:30pm.
The Anarko Art Lab Collective is a collective of new media, visual artists, performers, musicians, dancers, poets, etc. For the past years Anarko art lab has been conducting experimental, interdisciplinary art happenings. The idea is we created a concept (this year the concept is otherness) and it became a Live collaborative multimedia art experience that is both immerse and participatory and we welcome everybody to come for a collective creation and experience.
- Katherine Liberovskaya (live video) with Emilie Mouchous (live sound)
- Title: untitled
- 30 minutes
- live video + live sound concert
- Performance Description live video and live audio improvisation concert
- Angela Freiberger
- Title Don’t walk, dance
- 15 min
- performance dance
- Performance Description A video images will project at the performer body. Movements in the air, flowing arms, flying body.
- Andrea Parkins and Dafna Naphtali
- Title: Dafna Naphtali/Andrea Parkins duo
- 30 minutes
- Live experimental electronic music.
- Performance Description (audio machinations / noise dervishes / / voice & stolen sounds)Dafna Naphtali — voice and electronics, Andrea Parkins — amplified objects and electronics
- www.soundcloud.com/andreaparkins http://dafna.info
- Jessie Kotler (Parallel)
- 4 minutes looped
- Projection of photographs
Performance Description: slideshow of spontaneous photographs that explore mortality.
- Artist Website: www.jessiekotler.com
- Kristin Arnesen / Theatre Reverb (Parallel)
- Title: Ooz’n USA
- 20 minutes
- performance art/ mixed media
- Performance Description: Ooz’n USA -A mixed media and live art installation exploring feminine id/entity in American mythology and the sexualization of American western landscapes in popular culture. Found media from the classic Nintendo 64 road game, Cruis’n USA is sampled and manipulated to invoke a performed and embodied female deity, oozing the promise and glamour of endless pastures of opportunity and vast expanses of sexual longing.
- Stephanie Loveless (Parallel)
- Title: Torch Song
- 6 minutes
- Video and sound (fixed medium, no performance)
Performance Description: A sonic and visual torch song based on hand-processed super-8 film, dictaphone recordings and an all-vocal cover of a Venezuelan pop song.
- Raquel Mavecq
- 20 minutes
- performance art/sound /Dance
- Performance Description: This is an instructional piece:
- With the vision covered by a burlap sac over your head, turn and make yourself dizzy.
- When you lost spatiality and sense of direction, search the Banana Tree.
- Find the Banana Tree and dress it with the burlap sac that is covering your head.
- Carry the Banana Tree somewhere else.
- The piece is finished when everyone finds the Banana Tree.
- processes of change, adaptation and longing, this is an exploration on space, place, spatiality, perception, vulnerability, resilience, search, grounding, rooting, fixing, and not, mobilizing, placing, choosing, changing, finding. This piece is about breath, breathing with your whole body, your skin, and finding something, finding a place, recognizing space, and letting it go. To do this search is to experience shapes, textures, sounds, pulse, dizziness, breath and fears. Experience and recognize the outer as you turn inward. To watch this piece happen is to witness something, witness space itself, space in vulnerability, witness an internal logic and accept it
- Leslie Ross
- France, Canada, and/USA
- 30 min
- live electro-acoustic sound
- Performance Description: electro-acoustic performance of multi-miked bassoon and multiple speakers.
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7s-mz1W2H0, http://www.leslieross.net/movie/organ-bike.mov
- Maria Chavez (Parallel)
- Title- Poliziei 2013
- 25 min
- Sound with video installation
- Performance Description- video installation made by Maria Chavez with an improvised sound performance or a pre-recorded sound work to be played on a loop.
- Thessia Machado, Merche Blasco, Keiko Uenishi , Katherine Liberovskaya
- Spain, Japan, Brazil
- 20 min.
- live improvised video and music
- sound and live art installation exploring feminine id/entity in American mythology and the sexualization of American western landscapes in popular culture. Found media from the classic Nintendo 64 road game, Cruis’n USA is sampled and manipulated to invoke a performed and embodied female deity, oozing the promise and glamour of endless pastures of opportunity and vast expanses of sexual longing.