Date(s) - 10/24/2012 - 10/29/2012
Category(ies) No Categories
By November 1st, the Spectra pipeline could complete construction at the Hudson River Park.
WE MUST ACT NOW!
Join the Daily Spectra Watch:
On site @ Gansevoort and Hudson River
We’ll be there day and night. Join us!
Upcoming Calendar of Events!
- Gasland screening – Oct. 18th at IFC center and the West village public library
- Spectra’s Going Away Party! – Oct. 28th at Alchemical Theater
- Halloween Parade – Oct. 31st
- DRAG QUINN DOWN – drag queen event against Quinn- Nov. 5th.
- International Day of action – Earth Eviction Defense- Nov. 17th. more details coming soon.
WHAT WE ARE FIGHTING FOR:
Texas Gas vs. the People of NYC
Spectra, you’ve been warned. Get out of Town, We don’t like your kind around here.
Spectra Energy has broken ground and is pushing construction through at a rapid pace. They’ll be importing hydro-fractured gas (using this most toxic type of extraction method) into the West Village, thereby creating more demand for this gas, thereby creating more hydro-fractured sites across the country, including our very own upstate New York and Catskills, and thereby endangering our water supply.
- Fun Fact: Spectra Energy is excluded from regulations of the Clean Air and Clean Water Acts.
- Fun Fact: Radon Gas, according to the Surgeon General, is the 2nd leading cause of Lung Cancer in the nation today.
- Radon Gas is what they want to pipe into your home via your cooking and heating gas. Thanks, but no thanks!!
Location is at the end of Gansevoort St and Hudson River Greenway.