Date(s) - 05/01/2014
8:00 am - 9:00 pm
Liberty Plaza (Formerly Zuccotti)
1 Liberty Plaza
New York City
Where it all started
Join Occupy Wall St. and several other organizations and groups on the streets on May Day to advance the struggle of workers and all those struggling for economic justice.
Ok after tonight’s assembly, Occu-Evolve(OWS) which is helping to bottomline Occupy May Day has decided on a TENTATIVE schedule for the day:
- 8:00am-Speakout on Staten Island against Ferris Wheel and Gentrification
- 9:00am-Occupy The S.I. Ferry (May Day Outreach To The 99%)
- 9:30am-March to and down Wall Street to remember the Lenape (Original inhabitants of Manhattan), Africans who built, were sold on and still buried on Wall Street. Speakout on role of banks in destabilizing labor and the economy
- 10:00am-Words for, and a moment of Silence at African Burial Ground
- 10:45am-Speakout against Law Day
- 11:45am-Occupy Subway to Union Square (Outreach to 99%)
- 12:00pm-3:00pm Join Immigrant Worker Justice Tour
- 12:00-5:00pm-Program at Union Square.
- 5:15pm-7:00pm March From Union Square on 14th Street culminating at Federal Plaza..
- 7:45 pm-Moraima Ortiz/Renetta Bennett May Day Peoples and Workers Assembly@Liberty Plaza (Formerly Zuccotti Park)