Status: Reached consensus by TechOps.
These policies intend to clarify the New York General Assembly’s relationship with users and others who interact with its “digital properties.” “Digital Properties” include nycga.net, databases, social media accounts and any other such entities designated as belonging to NYCGA. These digital properties are community resources administered by the NYCGA Technology Operations Group [“Tech Ops”]. By using or accessing any NYCGA digital properties, you agree to these policies.
Dispute Resolution Policy
As part of enforcing these policies and maintaining NYCGA digital properties, administrators empowered by the Tech Operations Group may take action in response to violation of our policies. These actions may include:
- Direct contact to investigate an incident
- Removal of content previously posted
- Suspension of deletion of an account
- Removal from a mailing or discussion list
- Removal of permissions on a site, as they related to posting, commenting, receiving or sending messages, creating documents, and any other feature as applicable.
- Forwarding of an issue to the General Assembly or Spokescouncil
The Tech Operations Group is committed to transparency. To that end, disciplinary actions impacting registered users or subscribers of NYCGA digital properties will be recorded here, unless doing so might reasonably contribute to additional harm against OWS or another individual using this site.
- First Case: Issue a warning and/or state action steps to resolve situation;
- Second Case: 2-week ban;
- Third Case: Permanent ban
Note: In extreme circumstances, the process will move directly to the Third Case without a warning or ban. However, in all cases, the party will be notified by private message or email.