Tweets for Thu, 08 Mar 2012

Posted by & filed under Assemblies, Livetweets.

RT @DiceyTroop: #NYCGA is in the park tonight! But I can’t livetweet unless someone has a hotspot b/c I can’t pay my phone bill. Arrr. #OWS

Hey fam! We’re starting #NYCGA at Liberty Square! Follow here, @LibertySqGA2, @LibertySqGA3, and @LibertySqGA4. #OWS

[Big ups to Patricia from TechOps for letting me tether to her phone tonight. -Ed.] #NYCGA #OWS

First announcement: Sean: “Brookfield is effing w/ us tonite! I overheard their plan!” They’ll leave property in the park hoping we take it.

2nd announcement: Fri, 5-9pm, there’ll be a film screening & discussion: “Repression & Resistance, From the Panthers to #OWS”, Judson Church

Stairs (Corey and Lady) ask if we need to review hand signals – Anthony says we should. “First time back in the park in awhile!” #NYCGA #OWS

Lady: “These are our hand signals. If you like something, twinkle your fingers in the air! If you don’t like something, down twinkle.” #OWS

Cont’d: “If you’re not sure, twinkle somewhere in the middle.” Point of information is 1 finger in air, point of process: 2-handed triangle.

Stairs encourages us to use point of process to hold them accountable. “If we get out of process, put up a PoP.” #NYCGA #OWS

Cont’d: “We went to Finance and they essentially said, “We’re not going to give you the money.” Recently, they said, “We screwed up.”"#NYCGA

Cont’d: “The money is going to go to two things: expenses for OccuCopy that prints” most of #OWS’ prints, and the rest… #NYCGA #OWS

Cont’d: “Will go into seed money to start other co-ops.” Some may be inside #OWS – Kitchen, Tech-Ops, etc – or outside #OWS. #NYCGA

Cont’d: “So, we’re gonna collect the $6,000.” Chepe notes he’s a member of OccuCopy, asks if there’s any displeasure. It’s all uptwinkles!

Sorry, Internet connection’s a little bit iffy. So, the first tweet of that didn’t make it up- Chepe was talking about $6k allocated for…

Cont’d: …the Worker’s Co-operatives seed fund in November, which they weren’t able to get until now, but will now receive. #NYCGA #OWS

OK, so we’re onto our first proposal. It’s a discussion about transportation alternatives from the Bike Coalition working group. #NYCGA #OWS

They’re suggesting that we set aside some of the Metrocard money for bikes, and sort of move folks from cards to bikes. #NYCGA #OWS

CQ: “Who’s going to own these bicycles when you buy them, and do you have a budget of cost per bike + insurance?” #NYCGA #OWS

Notes that soon every bike rider in NYC will need to have bicycle insurance. #NYCGA #OWS

Mandolin, the proposer, says they plan to have a training program before giving out bikes. Found average wrking bike on craigslist was $123.

Cont’d: He notes that if they needed insurance they would factor that into the per-bike cost. #NYCGA #OWS

Next speaker says he’s been working with “Occupy a Truer Christianity”, and asks if we have enough bail money, food $, says that… #NYCGA

Cont’d: …should be a priority. Camille’s POI: “We absolutely have enough bail money and there’s a proposal re: that later.” #NYCGA #OWS

Next CQ restates question about who owns the bikes, asks if there will be qualifications for receiving a bike. #NYCGA #OWS

A: “Essentially, since #OWS doesn’t, like, give ppl things, they’d be shared, communal bikes for working groups. So, say 1 has 5 bikes..”

Cont’d: “…they’d be shared by the people who’d been through the safety training class. So the qualifications for having access would be…”

Cont’d: “…having gone through the training class and being a member of a working group with bikes.” #NYCGA #OWS

CQ: “How would the bikes be assigned to working groups?” POI: “The bikes would kind of replace Metrocards, so process would be the same.”

CQ: “What’s to prevent somebody from riding off with the bicycle?” A: “The prevention would be, you have to be in a working group and…”

Cont’d: “…provide a source of contact.” Also, may need a vouching/vetting process. #NYCGA #OWS

6 minutes left for this proposal. CQ: “Have you given any thought to tandem bikes, possibly cutting costs and labor?” #NYCGA #OWS

A: “A little thought has been given to tandem bikes — but they’re super expensive.” Aww. #NYCGA #OWS

CQ: “Has your group thought about doing a Critical Mass-type action for outreach purposes?” A: “Every week, Tues, 5pm!” #NYCGA #OWS

Now, concerns. Camille’s is that if we don’t do something like this, we’ll miss chance to be more sustainable before we run out of $. #NYCGA

Camille’s friendly amendment was to work with the workers’ co-op. Mandolin accepts the FA. #NYCGA #OWS

Anthony’s friendly amendment is that we ask for free bikes on Craigslist and try to save. “And, Fuck Monsanto!” Mandolin says he’s tried.

OK, that’s the end of stack. There’s no proposal, but we’re all pretty positive about the idea. Mandolin will bring a proposal to #NYCSC.

Next proposal is that we have “one GA for actions, and two GAs for everything else.” “I’m indebted to the campers, kitchen, facilitation.”

Cont’d: “We all have to choose what we’re doing. I’m here for American Spring, I’m here for action.” Is frustrated about GA focus on…

Cont’d: …organizational dialogue. Wants more action! POI: “You’re missing a big action planning meeting right now.” #NYCGA #OWS

[This gets at ongoing challenges to help ppl plug into the things they're interested in. It's happening, but she's new, doesn't know. -Ed.]

POI: “There’s a meeting going on right know about #M17; there’s DA meetings several times a week, sometimes more specific.” #NYCGA #OWS

CQ: “Have you joined direct action?” A: “Yes, I’m in the Political action group.” That’s not DA, folks note. “Point is we don’t spend…”

Cont’d: “…enough time on actions. We’re not here to socialize.” #NYCGA #OWS

POI: “Direct action has created an action spokescouncil,” fully dedicated to actions. Proposer: “OK, why don’t I make an amendment?” #nycga

Cont’d: “…let’s have one hour a week, at the same time every week, to talk about actions, so I don’t have to be here.” Hahah. #NYCGA #OWS

CQ: “As I understand it, you want to have 1 GA be for actions and 2 for everything else. Are you aware of the multitude of proposals that..”

Cont’d: “…have been brought to restructure GA?” She just knows she comes to GA and there’s no action talk, she says. #NYCGA #OWS

Ravi understands her predicament, but runs through our action meetings. “We’re doing so much. I think a logical proposal would be to do…”

Cont’d: “…reportbacks on actions, but if we did that for every action that happens here it would take hours a week.” #NYCGA #OWS

Cont’d: “GA is about how we make decisions as a community, so my question is, are you talking about reportbacks? Discussions? We can’t…”

Cont’d: “..rearrange our entire GA schedule for you – many of us rearrange” our lives to be here. #NYCGA #OWS

Proposer: “I do feel most of the discussions are about community and things like that, and the actions, the protests really are a small…”

Cont’d: “…part of the GAs.” Ravi: “But it’s a big part of the movement.” #NYCGA #OWS

CQ: “Why do you feel this conversation needs to happen at GA when Direct Action can hold autonomous actions?” #NYCGA #OWS

Ravi: “And so can everyone else.” Anthony: “Autonomous!” (Autonomous! We respond.) #NYCGA #OWS

She feels it should happen at GA. CQ: “GA is representative of we the people, and is our body of decision-making.” “If you want action…”

Cont’d: “…there’s plenty of action groups available. Please find one that suits you best.” She’s not impressed. #NYCGA #OWS

Aaron gets up. “I’ve done many direct actions through the GA. You can do that. My suggestion is you build a coalition of people. You know?”

Cont’d: “You approach people you want to make a team with, and you make it happen.” Proposer: “I guess what I’m really asking the group…”

Cont’d: “…is for you guys to be more sensitive about the people you don’t know. And be more sensitive, supportive of the action groups.”

[There's a big disconnect here. -Ed.] CQ: “1st, I think this is a really good proposal; I hope we don’t miss that due to hostility here.”

Cont’d: “The way we do things is DA talks about actions, decides if someone will be an affinity group or #OWS action – would this change…”

Cont’d: “…things so there’d be a GA proposal for every action? That would really be a problem.” #NYCGA #OWS

She wants DA to bring their actions to GA, at least for one hour a week. Notes that random people often have great action ideas. #NYCGA #OWS

She says she suggested a 24-hour occupation for the 6-month anniversary, and nothing happened. POI: “That’s what’s happening!” #NYCGA #OWS

Matthew notes: “This is about a communication problem we have in general in this movement.” #NYCGA #OWS

Next: James, from the People’s Library. He drops in to tell us they’ve almost finished their first public branch in the back of a bookstore!

Big laughs — totally out of process, but it broke the tension a little bit. Moving to concerns and friendly amendments. #NYCGA #OWS

C: “My concern is there’s a certain amount of hostility, and I don’t blame you for it.” “I’ve put in 30-50 hours a week while going to…”

Cont’d: “…school and” holding down life. Notes the POI was on point. “My concern is you’re feeling frustrated.” #NYCGA #OWS

Cont’d: “I’m concerned about the slight hostility that seems to be behind this proposal, and I just want you to feel comfortable in this..”

Cont’d: “…community.” Proposer: “You’re right, I’m a little frustrated. I’m here for American Spring.” #NYCGA #OWS

Cont’d: “I’m hoping we’re going to get this together for some action!” She sees the tweets, doesn’t see enough about actions. #NYCGA #OWS

Cont’d: “And I spent so much time with this, & I wonder if I’m the only one.” Everyone shakes their head sympathetically, “No, you’re not.”

OK, we’re out of time — temp-checking continuing the proposal / discussion for 10 minutes. #NYCGA #OWS

Continuing. “I like the idea of talking about our actions at GA — maybe an hour once a week, a recap, improving going fwd.” #NYCGA #OWS

Cont’d: “It would be a big help for a lot of us.” But “direct action is not the only group that organizes actions in this mvmnt.” #nycga

Cont’d: “There are other groups and other organizations that plan actions.” Shouts to Occupy the Faith’s actions the other day. #NYCGA #OWS

Cont’d: “This is a horizontal movement, and actions are horizontal, and we’re showing a presence in other movements.” #NYCGA #OWS

Cont’d: “So, I just think we need to open up the idea that actions are a lot more than things we create ourselves and come from DA.” #NYCGA

Cont’d: “We’re pretty active, actually. There’ve been actions the last 3 days.” #NYCGA #OWS

Anthony: “Our GA was built for us to have discussions on whatever we want; you could easily post a proposal once a week for an hour of…”

Cont’d: “…discussion about actions.” Proposer says Lady gave her the same idea. Hopes we talk more about actions in general. #NYCGA #OWS

Someone lets proposer know know that they were interested in her anti-Monsanto action, but was going to talk to her after GA. #NYCGA #OWS

Next: “I sympathize w/ yr frustration, but most of us are saying we’re willing to help you. I think it’s a lack of communication about…”

Cont’d: “…where you need to be.” But “let’s not mess with the GA as it is.” #NYCGA #OWS

Cont’d: “Don’t get frustrated. It’s a lack of communication, but you’ll learn where you need to be” to do actions. #NYCGA #OWS

Aaron: “i don’t want to just limit the discussion to 1 hour a week. We’re going to be busy this spring/summer. We need to be open…” #NYCGA

Cont’d: “…about discussing this any time, really. Any actions, any time.” #NYCGA #OWS

Anthony tells her about the Friday open spaces, 6-10pm, when you can talk about any topic of interest for some time. #NYCGA #OWS

Aaron notes that he’ll bring an action proposal Saturday to the GA, and he wants to be able to do that any time, not 1 hour a week. #NYCGA

Proposer’s concern is she’ll come to GA and sit for “1 hour or 2 hours” of things she’s not interested in. [Head exploding. -Ed.] #NYCGA

C: “My concern is that a couple different vague things have been said; it’s a cool proposal and I share the proposer’s concern that we…”

Cont’d: “..should be able to discuss actions any time,” but most ppl planning actions can’t be at GA all the time, doing other work. #NYCGA

So, she makes a friendly amendment that actions can be discussed any time, but to have the first hour of every Tuesday GA be about actions.

OK, so we’ll move to consensus on that version of the proposer: action discussion the first hour every Thursday GA. (She liked Thursday.)

Cont’d; “And if there’s not any action, we can move on to other things.” Moving to consensus process now. #NYCGA #OWS

Stairs temp-checking moving to consensus; we’re a go. Any standasides? Anthony is standing aside b/c feels this is unnecessary, we can…

Cont’d: …discuss anything whenever. There are actually 22 standasides. “Any blocks?” Aaron is blocking. #NYCGA #OWS

Aaron: “I don’t want to show up on Wednesday and be told we already had this discussion on Tuesday.” “What?” several ppl say. #NYCGA #OWS

POP: “Aaron, a block should be a moral, ethical, or safety concern about the movement as a whole. I’d ask you to consider whether that…”

Cont’d: “…is an appropriate block, and not a personal preference.” Aaron says he’ll remove his block if there’s a FA that DA can be….

Cont’d: …discussed at any time. “That was already made clear in the friendly amendment accepted before.” #NYCGA #OWS

Ravi’s POP is that in our process, when there are so many standasides compared to # here, even w/ no blocks, it’s not consensus. #NYCGA #OWS

Someone suggests we temperature check that, because many of the standasides were more about ambivalence than opposition. #NYCGA #OWS

Anthony suggests that the proposal should go through. Evan notes that “the General Assembly is a general assembly”- it should be flexible.

We’re recounting standasides to make sure we have the number right. 22 standasides. Stairs invite more standasides to speak. #NYCGA #OWS

Sean notes that the proposal doesn’t change anything unless DA is here. “Your point is that sometimes you’re not interested in…” #NYCGA #OWS

Cont’d: “…what’s being discussed; that’s listed on http://t.co/OzXDORvv.” Proposer says she’s used it, but is bugged by order of proposals.

OK, moving to consensus again. Any blocks? There are 5 blocks this time. Folks will speak to them. #NYCGA #OWS

Evan says he’ll explain his block and then throw up a PoP: “The ethical concern is we’re making the GA not a ‘general’ assembly.” #NYCGA

Also notes 22 is too many standasides, and we should move on. Ravi’s block is based on the same principle. “The community’s clearly not..”

Cont’d: “…OK with the proposal, and it should be tabled.” OK, Stairs will temp-check tabling the proposal. #NYCGA #OWS

Yup, tabling it. OK, moving on to the next proposal. #NYCGA #OWS

Announcement: “Today was a really warm day! When it’s warm, try to have WG meetings in the park to have a presence here!” #NYCGA #OWS

OK, the next proposal is Christine’s proposal to “move the rest of the general fund into the bail fund.” “There’s been a lot of talk…”

Cont’d: “..about how to use the money; folks proposed using it for actions, and that didn’t happen.” #NYCGA #OWS

Cont’d: “We’re going into MayDay and I want to make sure there’s as much money in the bail fund as possible.” #NYCGA #OWS

Stairs opens stack for clarifying questions. CQ: “Have we received any of the bail $ back that we’ve paid out, and if so, is that…” #NYCGA

Cont’d: “…$ going to go back into the existing bail fund?” A: “It is, and we are getting $ back.” #NYCGA #OWS

Ravi’s CQ: “In terms of all the $ and stuff like that, do you have a date envisioned, that we’d do recurring budgets through a certain…”

Cont’d: “…date, and then it would be over? Like they’d go through Saturday or something.” Kitchen, Metrocards, etc. #NYCGA #OWS

A: “OK, we could do Saturday, or a week from today.” They’re going with a week. #NYCGA #OWS

CQ: “There was a proposal in January to put $100k in the bail fund.” What happened with that? A: “It did go through,” it’s at abt $89k now.

Cont’d: “But the more in there, the better.” Accounting clarifies the general fund has between $30-40k, which is about 2 more weeks. #NYCGA

Accounting asks if new donations’d go into the bail fund, or if it would restart the general fund. A: “I’d prefer we restart the gen fund.”

CQ: “How much would it cost us for arrest and related bailout?” For 1 arrest. POI: “The average bails have been about $2k, but depending…”

Cont’d: “…on yr charges, could be more serious.” I.e., if you have past arrests, and you get a misdemeanor, single-digit thou… #NYCGA #OWS

Cont’d: “…if you get charged w/ a felony, it might be double-digit thousands.” Only super big ones were paid by independent donors…#NYCGA

Cont’d: …due to contention in the community about the specific circumstances of those arrests / charges. Moving now to concerns, amendments.

C: “I’m concerned about misuse of $ in this movement- theft, negligence, so on. $ has caused disruption in this mvmnt.” #NYCGA #OWS

Cont’d: “But re: idea that we should just get rid of the $: I came here to protest corruption on Wall Street. I adamantly feel that we…”

Cont’d: “…as a community are ducking the challenge of responsibly dealing w/ monetary resources if we

Cont’d: “…burn the $.” “The bail fund has much more than the general fund, we use it much more slowly, and bail will come back.” #NYCGA #OWS

Cont’d; “I believe there are other important things to spend $ on in this movement. TechOps, etc.” Not into social services. #NYCGA #OWS

Cont’d; “If we put the $ into the bail fund, we’ll lose other services, not b/c need more for bail but b/c we’re intimidated about…” #NYCGA

Cont’d: “…how we’re using the $.” #NYCGA #OWS

Next concern agrees “100% w/ Jeff, whatever his statement was.” He suggests we “run away” instead of getting arrested. #NYCGA #OWS

Evan: “We’re not going to have a sit-in, we’re going to have a run-away.” #LULZ #NYCGA #OWS

Ravi: “I agree there are issues w/ how we’ve spent $ in the past, and I’ve been vocally disappointed by disinterest in budgeting…” #NYCGA

Cont’d: “…but at this moment, the least irresponsible thing we could possibly do would be to put the $ in the bail fund.” #NYCGA #OWS

Ravi’s friendly amendment: “Any $ coming in going forward remains frozen until we have a movement-wide budget in line with spending freeze.”

Stairs temp-checking the popularity of that amendment w/ the crowd. #NYCGA #OWS

Stairs feels it looked mostly negative for that friendly amendment — we’re moving on. #NYCGA #OWS

Accounting is concerned that without clarity on what happens w/ new funds, they won’t know what to do with them. #NYCGA #OWS

Camille’s concern is with us not spending the $ on sustainability, but addresses idea that bail $ is unnecessary. #NYCGA #OWS

“No amount of bail $ is unnecessary; there could be more serious repression and charges.” #NYCGA #OWS

Camille also reminds us that the bail fund now covers court fees and commissary for any stay longer than 7 days. “That’s not well-known.”

Camille: “When $ comes back from previously-paid bail (prior to establishment of bail fund), it goes back into the general fund.” #NYCGA

Joseph suggests that we should be suing the NYPD for “human rights violations” at the UN, to get $. #NYCGA #OWS

OK, so we’re moving to consensus on this proposal: to move $ remaining in general fund to bail fund 1 week from today. #NYCGA #OWS

Any standasides? 2. How many blocks? 6 blocks. Blockers will speak to their blocks. #NYCGA #OWS

Darryl’s block: “I feel like this is the other side of the national debate about austerity. Yes, $ is low, but easy come, easy go.” #NYCGA

Darryl suggests that we’ll get more $ soon. “It’s a part of life — you know, right now, as much as we want to change the overall system…”

Cont’d: “…we still nd the $ day-to-day.” “Just keep moving, fundraise.” “It can very easily be done, we can start turning the tides.” #NYCGA

Next block: “The bottom line is that the greater portion of #OWS’ $ right now is in the bail fund, and it does get repaid, and…” #NYCGA #OWS

Cont’d: “..we have a little portion to fund our future actions. Why do we want to take that $ and put it in a fund w/ double or triple.”

Cont’d: “It doesn’t make sense to me, it’s illogical, the $ would be better put towards a fundraising effort.” #NYCGA #OWS

Next block is for “similar concerns,” shouldn’t cut those services, only 2 weeks left anyway. #NYCGA #OWS

Jeff’s block: “There are other fixes to this issue;” stop spending $. “We’re not using the bail fund nearly as quickly as the GF…” #NYCGA

Cont’d: “I’m all for action, but the messaging needs to match the protests.” Believes in flyering, outreach campaigns, techops. #NYCGA #OWS

Next block: “I don’t see how you can expect ppl to show up at actions when we can’t even keep ppl fed or give ‘em clean socks.” #NYCGA #OWS

Cont’d: “This $ is not supposed to be hoarded, it’s meant to be spent on the occupation.” A: “I’m concerned that folks get bail.”#NYCGA #OWS

Cont’d: “You can’t dumpster for bail.” Blocker said he was “offended that someone w/ a MacBook Pro would say I can’t eat now.” #NYCGA #OWS

Next block is because she declined friendly amendment “to educate to avoid unnecessary arrests.” She accepts, block stands aside. #NYCGA

OK, we’re moving forward, falling back to a 90% vote since we couldn’t achieve full consensus. #NYCGA #OWS

Stairs: “if you’re in favor of this proposal, raise your hand.” 11 ppl in favor. “If you’re not in favor, raise your hand.” 14 not in favor.

OK, so it doesn’t pass. Next proposal now is about improving accounting transparency. http://t.co/kjrm9FJl #NYCGA #OWS

It’s a discussion; he wants “to throw out some ideas, and the discussions can be had at a subsequent meeting.” #NYCGA #OWS

“My understanding is that in all the Occupys out west, working groups can fundraise money.” Says that’s good – go out and do it, but… #NYCGA

Cont’d: …in #OWS, that’s usually not allowed; he says this seems to be changing, shouts out FundHub. #NYCGA #OWS

“We have these sheets going online; we have #s, but what are they? We need scans of vouchers and receipts, have them linked to #s, so…”

Cont’d: “…you can do verification of the #s.” “We need to document everything obviously; a major issue is that folks think we won’t…”

Cont’d; “…be able to raise money again,” but he says it’s up to us. “If we don’t do innovative actions we won’t get $ again.” #NYCGA #OWS

Accounting: “We’re trying to scan the receipts, get them online, but the problem is not everyone’s returned their receipts.” #NYCGA #OWS

Cont’d: “But we are in the process of making those receipts tangible so we can see how it all lines up.” #NYCGA #OWS

Proposer: “Thank you, and while we actually have to clean up the old books,” hopes we can agree to set a date from which point forward…

Cont’d: “…we’ll use the new procedure.” Notes we seem to be hung up on getting old records together instead of keeping new ones correct.

Cont’d: “If you get innovative actions, you will get $ again,” but suggests we need to “have an agreement that our donations come from…”

Cont’d: “…individuals, not political organizations, and that we cap the $ from a single individual” to prevent “allegations that…” #NYCGA

Cont’d: “…so-and-so is driving the movement.”

He feels that if we’d gotten $100k instead of half a million, ppl would have taken us more seriously and we’d have been more careful. #NYCGA

He also suggests that Accounting staff would rotate, but acknowledges that that has begun already, proposes a regular term for Accounting.

Cont’d; “I think the main contention would be capping amounts you can donate, b/c that keeps you honest.” #NYCGA #OWS

He essentially just wanted to explain his ideas; but asks for feedback. Camille: “I agree, it was weird we weren’t doing independent…”

Cont’d: “…fundraising in the park, but” notes some ppl did raise funds and weren’t transparent, which caused issues. #NYCGA #OWS

Cont’d: “But we now have independent fundraising being done in WGs and affinity groups,” but if you do outside funding, you should know…

Cont’d: “…that if you have someone suing you about that $, you can’t say ‘oh, you need to sue #OWS,” b/c it doesn’t work like that. #NYCGA

Cont’d: She also notes that the bit about political organizations is covered in the statement of autonomy, but proposer wants a click-thru.

Proposer: “The most important thing, I almost forgot — it’s the crux of the thing.” RE: working groups raising funds, we should have a…

Cont’d: …framework for how that is done. Feels Accounting should set the example. Accounting notes: “We literally just do the bookkeeping.”

They’re into having “community agreements for fundraising, but that is not what Accounting does.” #NYCGA #OWS

He notes that FireDogLake has raised more $ than #NYCGA, and suggested to Haywood that we work together instead of cannibalizing each….

Cont’d: …other, and Haywood said, “It’s run by Jane Hamshire (sp) and she’s a political animal.” He suggests we go to her to propose an…

Cont’d: …agreement, or form a new organization with the accountability and transparency of FireDogLake and best traits of #OWS. #NYCGA

“We could make this merged group raise $ nationally and, dare I say it, globally.” Working w/ Firedoglake. #NYCGA #OWS

CQ: “Since there seem to be philosophical issues w/ Firedoglake, who would be the pt person to talk to them?” #NYCGA #OWS

Proposer will start the discussion on http://t.co/JH6L91qC, needs more concerns and issues with the idea of working with FDL, then will…

Cont’d: …”roll up those concerns and refine the proposal at http://t.co/JH6L91qC” re: working with FDL on exploratory dialogue, whatever.

He feels FDL will be receptive, “might show up to a GA and explain” what they can do. #NYCGA #OWS

Dallas asks if raising money via FDL would mean the Alliance for Global Justice would no longer be our conduit, proposer isn’t sure. #NYCGA

Next concern is that he’s pushing FDL hard, that “no one’s cannibalizing, we don’t have to work with anybody.” Proposer: “I would…”

Cont’d: “…respectfully disagree.” Next, Dimitri: “RE: limits, ppl say George Soros is our leader anyway. I don’t see what it would change..”

Cont’d: “…to take a million dollars from him.” A: “Morons are buying the argument, but intelligent ppl aren’t. We have facts to back us up.”

CQ: “Have [FDL] tried to contact us?” A: “I wouldn’t know – vry poss. It’s not my authority to try to [make contact], just put ideas out.”

Proposer notes that telling ppl we don’t follow anyone’s agenda will be undermined by big donations, despite our conviction. #NYCGA #OWS

That’s it for stack. Proposer: “So, I’ll post it online, and thank you all.” Stairs: “That’s the end of our proposals & discussions tonite!”

OK, that’s the end of GA for tonight. Thanks for reading fam! [Any questions, comments, concerns, or spare change: @diceytroop.] #NYCGA #OWS

Someone announces: “@thejorobin and Emily Reynolds from Burlington are still at MCP a few blocks away after “chalk-upying” the hell out of..

Cont’d: “…this park this morning.” Should be arraigned in a few hours, invites us to roll down to MCB by 10:15 or 10:30 to support! #NYCGA

Comments are closed.