1. During my second meeting a discussion of disruptive civil disobedience raised the question, “But how will the community know it is OWS working on behalf of all.
2. I offered to donate hats to identify OWS for an upcoming rally, then I thought, “What shall I write/put on the hats?”
3. Amy M., in an alert for an action wrote, “And we’re asking folks to wear shirts or stickers that identify who the occupiers are and what we stand for.”
4. Ed Shultz statement on his radio show, “These guys need a logo!”
5. Presently there are a plethora of unsolicited designs already submitted on the web, but from this country only and without the fun of a contest.
Process: Start a World-Wide Facebook contest to design a logo.
To establish unity with other like minded groups around the world;
To establish unity with other like minded groups in the U.S.
To energize the populous with continuing publicity as they follow our contest.
To establish a unifying symbol;
To establish a world-wide psychological link and affiliation.
To allow non-participants to endorse OWS and show support with bumper and window stickers et al.
To allow OWS ralliers of different concerns (racial issues/firings, lock-outs) to self identify at rallies and sympathizers to join because they know the “Who” as well as the “Why?”
Simplify endorsement of other groups’ efforts by issuing OWS brand.