Tweets for Tue, 03 Jan 2012

Posted by & filed under Livetweets.

RT @OWScom: TONIGHT: GA @ 100 William Street 7PM. This GA also a call to action to defend our right to peaceably assemble. Let’s get a h …

GA IS STARTING AT 100 WILLIAM: “The reason we’re assembled here today, as opposed to in the Park that was recently opened, is that…”#nycga

“…on Sunday, despite the fact that this is an open space, when we had GA here, we were aggressively removed by the NYPD. When we…”#nycga

“…explained that we had the right to be here, we were aggressively removed by the NYPD and told we could take it to the judge in the AM.”

“When we started #OWS… our action was our speech. And in the spirit of that tonight, we will hold a General Assembly.” #nycga #ows

Facilitators (stairs) tonight are Nathan and Marisa. Theyre explaining our process, and recruiting a timekeeper from the large crowd! #nycga

We’re starting w/ announcements. Stairs opens stack, w/ Matt as stacktaker. “In order to allow the greatest number of proposals…” #nycga

“…to be heard tonight, is that we’ll allow 15 minutes per proposal, although you’ll be, as always, empowered to extend that time.” #nycga

In order to allow entry and egress to 100 Williams, Aaron is asking folks to move slightly away from the Stairs. #nycga #ows

Georgina’s announcement! “This is my first time at #OWS GA. Thank you all for your strong spirit and inspiring so many ppl in so..” #nycga

“…many other places. I’m coming from the [Sailor Sea], in the Pacific NW, which spans Seattle, Vancouver, and Coastal BC.” #nycga #ows

Cont’d: “We have a real problem there right now, which is that Brookfield Asset Management Company are liquidating the last temperate…”

Cont’d: “…rain forests of British Columbia, which they privately own. These forests are getting cut and sent as exports to China.” #nycga

Cont’d: “So, I wanted to come here and help make the connection that the same company who owns Brookfield Properties, and Zuccotti Park..”

Cont’d: “…who truly represent the 1%, are also involved in liquidating forests. There’s a particular forest on Cortez Island, in B.C…”

Cont’d: “…that is scheduled for clearcut this month. And we need solidarity actions here and all over the world!” They have a petition…

Cont’d: …from OccupyVancouver. “We’d like ppl to sign this petition but also think there’s lots of potential for creative solidarity action”

Cont’d: “The wolves, the endangered species in these forests have no protection, so the people need to show up at this time!” #nycga #ows

Cont’d: “Thank you all again for your solidarity and inspiration.” #nycga #ows

Next announcement: “Last night, the Global Revolution live stream base was hit w/ a multi-agency task force and evicted and locked out..”

Cont’d: “…of their building. On Friday, at 2PM, at 79th Street and 5th Avenue, at Bloomberg’s Mansion, there will be a protest about..”

Cont’d: “…what happened to not only the Global Revolution Livestream, but all the press who have been arrested covering #OWS.” #nycga #ows

Cont’d: “We are asking everyone to come with cameras, video cameras, and live stream. We’re gonna make ‘em shut that block down, and…”

Cont’d: “…we’re gonna drive Bloomberg and his neighbors crazy. And we’re looking for standup comedians who want to do comedy about..”

Cont’d: “…Bloomberg, Lady Gaga, and the police state we’re living in.” #nycga #ows

Next, Milo: “My announcement related to that, I’m in contact w/ someone right now who’s at the Manhattan base for Global Revolution TV..”

Cont’d: “…and they are expecting a raid tonight. She wants to leave, but she doesn’t feel safe leaving alone, so I’m going to go pick her..”

Cont’d: “…up.” Next, Nan. “Hi everybody; happy new year. My announcement is, my working group is currently working with..”

Cont’d: “…a new working group, basically to have some kind of fundraising for the occupation, since we all know, very soon..”

Cont’d: “…we’ll be broke. So, that’s my announcement.” Ted’s “report back on the NDAA actions today!” “It was a beautiful success!”#nycga

Cont’d: “…and done on very short notice. We began on 42nd Street, right next to the Library on Bryant Park, and we held a press conference.”

Cont’d: “There was no mainstream media, kind of like our first official statement about #NDAA did not get any press, but we kept on..”

Cont’d: “..going. We staged theatrical renditions of ppl speaking out; renditions being their capturing. After that, we went to Senator…”

Cont’d: “…Gillibrand and Schumers’ office, and we had incredible soapboxing as well as a statement from a man who was indefinitely…” #nycga

Cont’d: “…detained for 3 years of his life for going after a corrupt bank.” Recommends we look at video from the action. #nycga #ows

Cont’d: “Next, we went to Rockefeller Center; we were prevented from assembly there, but many people heard about the NDAA. Because…”

Cont’d: “…the media is doing nothing. #OCCUPY is the voice. After that, we did an incredible flash mob in Grand Central Station, where…”

Cont’d: “…thousands of ppl heard our mic checks. 7 of us were arrested for speaking and assembling — the police were violent.” #nycga #ows

Cont’d: “And I say that this year is a continuation of this protest! So we were in solidarity w/ Anonymous in this global revolution, and..”

Cont’d: “…we are unstoppable! Keep going!” Big cheers. #nycga #ows

Point of information (POI): “I’m part of @GlobalRev; I’m unsure what is going on. OccupyNYC will not be streaming, but we’re not the only..”

Cont’d: “…stream team at these events. It’s about multi streaming!” He’s sorry they have to leave tho. #nycga #ows

Next: “Please appreciate the dynamics of what is occurring. We have a Mayor Bloomberg who has a conflicting agenda w/ the movement.”#nycga

Cont’d: “Consequently, he has proceeded in a systematic matter to achieve his agenda. Specifically, his plan of action…”

Cont’d: “…is to end participation in the movement, and has utilized the NYPD as a device to achieve such means.” Stairs Pt-of-processes him.

Stairs: “While we appreciate what you’re saying, what you’re saying isn’t an announcement, it’s more of an opinion.” Soapbox after GA.#nycga

Courtney from OccupyVancouver! “Georgina spoke to you earlier about Brookfield Properties’ plan to log on Cortez Island.” #nycga #ows

Cont’d: “I brought this petition here tonight, in the hopes that you’ll sign it, so I can bring it home to Cortez Island to show..” #nycga

Cont’d: “…solidarity from #OWS and stop Brookfield” from cutting down the rainforest. Sign and bring it back to her after GA! #nycga #ows

Next: “Join elected officials and community leaders for a rally and press conference as we make a new years’ resolution…” #nycga #ows

“…rededicating our efforts to the police accountability movement. Let’s recommit. Tell Bloomberg and Ray Kelly that we recognize…”

Cont’d: “…discrimination of communities of color codified in the NYPD culture. It’s not anti-NYPD, nor does it impede efforts to end…”

Cont’d: “…gun violence. We’re fighting for better policing and safer streets for all New Yorkers. The problem must be acknowledged…”

Cont’d: “…only then can it be fixed. 1PM, Grand Army Plaza, Brooklyn — Saturday, January 7th.” #nycga #ows

Facilitation announces that it’s come to their attention that several NYPD vans are in route. #nycga #ows

We’re making special care to leave a walkway through the space and into the building, before the NYPD arrive. #nycga #ows

Robert: “Last year, the Spokescouncil was formally recognized as active. Recognizing also the rules set down in the October 17th…”

Cont’d: “…spokes council proposal. This proposal cannot come to this body. Look it up.” That was a point of process re: the first proposal.

Stairs: “It’s true that last night the Spokescouncil recognized itself after 3 months of craziness. However, there was an attempt to..”

Cont’d: “…reach out to the Housing group, but they told Facilitation that their proposal was very urgent b/c ppl needed Metrocards…”

Cont’d: “..to get to a warm place to sleep. So since we didn’t know about Spokes until last night, we agreed in transition to allow…”

Cont’d: “…this proposal to go through the GA.” #nycga #ows

Jeff: “Good evening; my name is Jeff and I’m w the housing Working group. The Housing WG would like to continue the process of weekly…”

Cont’d: “…metro card requests that’s been ongoing for 4 weeks to facilitate participation of individuals and WGs making a tangible…”

“…contribution to the daily operation of the occupation.” The NYPD have just arrived. #nycga #ows

“We would like 130 total Metrocards for distribution. The first 30 cards were returned to #OWS accounting from last week’s distro” #nycga

Cont’d: “..and additional 100 new cards, at $29 each, for a total of $2900.” It’s 10 cards less than last week, and $580 fewer. #nycga #ows

“The proposed process for distribution will remain the same. Each person requesting a metro card will need an auth form signed by…”

Cont’d: “…a point person in their working group. Cards will be available in a 1st come, 1st-served basis, distroed 6-9pm at GA or Spokes…”

Cont’d: “…location on Tues, Weds, Thurs, by a committee of representatives of the Housing WG.” #nycga #ows

If you received a card in the previous week, you have to verify you are still in possession. This text is all on nycga.net too. #nycga #ows

OK, Stairs opening floor to clarifying questions, taking stack. First CQ: “I have heard mentioned several times a standard of contribution..

Cont’d: “…to the movement. I’d like to know how that’s defined, and who’s empowered to make that decision.” #nycga #ows

A: “Great question. The Housing WG does not feel empowered to make that decision. We have thus given that power to the working groups..”

Cont’d: “…represented by the point people in each working group. As long as there are Metrocards or resources, we feel that WGs, as the..”

Cont’d: “…basic organizational unit of this movement, should make that decision.” #nycga #ows

Point of information (POI): “I’m developing a template to help make that more transparent, what a defined contribution should be for…”

Cont’d: “…membership in #OWS. Anybody who wants to be on that [group], contact me (Daryl).” #nycga #ows

CQ: “RE: presenting your cards: my wallet was just lost, so how can I present my card if it’s now lost?” #nycga #ows

A: “Good ?. There are concerns that ppl are not using their cards for the intended purposes of transportation. Example given: selling them.”

Cont’d: “Therefore, in the unfortunate circumstance that you lose or your card is stolen, we are requesting that you notify the housing…”

Cont’d: “…group immediately when the card is stolen or lost.” CQ: “What happens when someone reports that?” A: “It’s documented…” #nycga

Cont’d: “…within the housing group that it happened, and the date they reported it is noted.” #nycga #ows

Stairs asks that we stop having side conversations. The space is a little echoey. #nycga #ows

Stairs asks that we stop having side conversations. The space is a little echoey. #nycga #ows

That’s it for CQs, so we’re stacking concerns. “My concern w/ this whole process is kind of like bureaucracy; it’s a bit like..” #nycga

Cont’d: “…applying for welfare. By the time you get forms signed, you have to make calls, you lose them. Why don’t we just assume…” #nycga

Cont’d; “…if people can’t afford a metro card, then they’ll buy their own. And if they can’t, and they’re living in churches, we’ll give..”

Cont’d: “…it to them.” Next concern. “If this doesn’t pass, a lot of ppl won’t be able to find a place to sleep.” #nycga #ows

Cont’d; “To go to a church on time to enter [and sleep], I need a Metrocard. So, they’re a good thing.” #nycga #ows

Yoni: “I’m not sure all WGs have good intentions for the movement. Not all the WGs come to the GA, and that’s OK, but I don’t feel as…”

Cont’d: “…comfortable empowering each working group w/ money and then have no control over them.” “Control?” someone says. #nycga #ows

Stairs: “We are being interrupted by the security of this building. I’m going to continue facilitating.” #nycga #ows

OK, that’s it for concerns. Any friendly amendments? No. Any stand asides? “Again, a stand aside is a personal serious concern, but it..”

Cont’d: “…does not prevent the group from going forward.” We’ve moved to 2 generations of the people’s mic. #nycga #ows

Nan wants to get a concern in, and I guess we didn’t do FAs. “I have a concern for housing. I understand that every week, they come to..”

Cont’d: “…the GA for $ about Metrocards. My concern is this. Since we’re running out of $, I’m concerned down the road, that we won’t..”

Cont’d: “…have money for Metrocards. I’m wondering, when that takes place, what’s Housing going to be doing about it?” #nycga #ows

An emergency announcement. “Ladies and Gentlemen, we are possibly in an arrestable situation b/c we are taking more than 50% of the space.”

“The way to solve this is for everybody to step back behind the second line and spread out. As much as I hate this, I’d hate for you…”

Cont’d: “…all to be arrested. Thank you. Also, please make sure that the entrance to this lovely Starbucks w/ no bathroom is clear.”#nycga

The whole group has moved back; definitely less than 50% of the space at this point. #nycga #ows

OK, back to the housing proposal. Jeff: “Housing is also concerned about the # of funds being used in this organization. 3 weeks ago, we..”

Cont’d: “…were requesting over $4,000 a week for metro cards. We have been putting in a process of accountability and have, at the same…”

Cont’d: “…time, reduced our funding requests by $1500 a week. We are also hoping that past proposals from Info/Comhub…”

Cont’d: “…will give more accountability for which working groups are viable for this movement. Also, we have been exploring other…”#nycga

Cont’d: “…other transportation options- bicycles, school bus, and possibly fundraising in the future.” Not sure yet, tho. #nycga #ows

Stairs: “We’re finished w/ stack for concerns. We’ll open up stack for Friendly Amendments.” (FAs for short.) #nycga #ows

Nan’s the only FA. “I’d like Housing to do some kind of fundraising effort, so they can sustain themselves and then also contribute as…”

Cont’d: “…part of the movement.” Jeff responds that he feels they already are contributing, “but financially, I know that other groups..”

Cont’d: “…have already expressed about how everyone officially in the movement is empowered for active fundraising.” #nycga #ows

Cont’d: “…whether I personally, or the group of Housing in general, is for or against, is another discussion. I will say that we are…”

Cont’d: “…actively exploring other options.” Daniel’s FA: “It seems to me that we bring up Metrocards every week. If we’re going to..”#nycga

Cont’d: “…do this, we might as well get monthly cards. That’s my amendment.” A: “We’ve considered monthly cards. But we have decided not..”

Cont’d: “..to do that, because people often arrive on a weekly basis, and cards are sometimes lost. So we’ll decline that FA.” #nycga #ows

POI: “If you lose a Metrocard, and you pay with a credit card, MTA will reimburse you.” A: “#OWS pays cash.” #LULZ #OWS #NYCGA

FA: “I suggest putting forth a budget for 2 weeks so we don’t have to do this again next week.” #nycga #ows

A: “Clarification: are you requesting we add an additional weeks’ allotment of funds to this proposal?” #nycga #ows

FA: “I’m saying funds to be dispersed next week, reducing liability.” A: “Accepted!” #nycga #ows

Ted’s FA: “That the Housing WG transparently disclose whether cards issued have been lost, so we can discern whether or not it is…”

Cont’d: “…financially rational to invest in using a credit card for monthly passes that we can actually get back.” #nycga #ows

Jeff: “Out of 115 cards distributed last week, only 1 person came forward and said that their card had been lost, and 1 additional said…”

Cont’d: “…their card had been stolen. 2 cards. The cards are pro-rated. If you lose it on the 6th day, you’re only reimbursed 1 day.”

No more FAs; Stairs: “We’ll restate the proposal w/ amendments.” Housing: “Housing WG is requesting 30 Metrocards returned to finance..”

Cont’d: “..last week, and the funds of $2900 for the purchase of 100 cards this week, and an additional $2900 for the purchase of 100..”

Cont’d: “…Metrocards for next week, to be distributed by a previously-defined process.” #nycga #ows

Stairs: “Any blocks?” No! Consensus! Jeff notes distro of first 30 cards starts immediately. #nycga #ows

Next, @OccupyNewark is requesting $ from #OWS to help them buy a list of “items we need to purchase.” #nycga #ows

Their proposal is for $10,000. “Can we get a temperature check on reading the itemized list?” #nycga #ows

Here’s the @OccupyNewark proposal: http://t.co/IFiy5O2j #ows #nycga

#ON: “We have legal approval to occupy 24hrs downtown in the business district, which is the heart of Newark, NJ!” #nycga #ows

Cont’d: “We do not have barricades surrounding our parks! We do not have the fear of getting locked up for peaceful assembly!” #nycga

Cont’d: “…or, peaceful protest. This is because the Newark Police Department suffered over 160 layoffs. They are obviously acknowledging..”

Cont’d: “…themselves as part of the 99%! What we don’t have is the people power, such as yourselves, that can help us keep our encampment..”

Cont’d: “…going throughout this winter! We have people sleeping in camping tents w/o heaters. Someone is going to get sick, catch…” #nycga

Cont’d: “..pneumonia, and possibly die. I don’t want that on my conscience. I don’t know who all read the proposal, but it also states…”

Cont’d: “…that if finance is the issue, can you at least help us receive some of the supplies.” Stairs asks folks not to lean against glass.

Now opening stack for CQs. @shawncarrie has a POI tho: “The site of the Newark encampment is an historic site! It’s the location where..”

Cont’d; “..George Washington camped out w/ his troops during the coldest winter of the first American Revolution. My CQ is, how many..”

Cont’d; “…ppl can sleep in a military tent?” A: “It depends on the size of the tent,” but thinks they can get close to 200 ppl in the park.

“We want to get 25 2-man tents. But we welcome as much support as we can get.” They invite us to bring own tents, too. #nycga #ows

CQ: “What’s the purpose of $2500 for emergency funds?” A: “The emergency funds are going to be reserved by Accounting and will only…”

Cont’d: “…be issued for emergency situations or supplies.” John the EMT comes up, also from @OccupyNewark. #nycga #ows

“We need emergency funds for medical supplies! I need a tent for heat, for hypothermia patients.” Stairs calls for next on stack. #nycga

CQ for facilitation: “I don’t understand how we should make financial decisions w/o understanding the ramifications for the rest of budget.”

Stairs: “GA has the pwr to make those decisions. If they feel they don’t have enough information, they can decide not to pass the proposal.”

#ON: “These funds will be used for the items on the list. We will be totally accountable and transparent.” #nycga #ows

They say this request is for items they’ve overlooked in their previous fund allocation: medical supplies, transportation, etc. #nycga #ows

A POI: “$2500 is 1/4 of our weekly food budget. Any decision we make should keep that in mind.” #nycga #ows

Nan’s CQ is essentially just praise for Newark. “They’re not like New York; they’re very poor. If we pass this proposal, I’m asking..”

Cont’d: “..you guys, please take care of the supplies, because we’re running out of money. That’s my concern.” #nycga #ows

A: “Again, we do not have police raiding our encampment. We don’t have any acts of vandalism going on– we take a lt of pride in our city..”

Cont’d: “…regardless of what’s being displayed in the media. So I assure you, we’ll treat it as precious as you would.” #nycga #ows

They’re also working off of less than $20/day in donations. Sage: “Do we have any tents left over from #D17 that might be suitable?” #nycga

SIS says they have a few tents, sleeping bags, clothes, but not quite sure how many. “SIS still needs a computer.” #nycga #ows

Stairs suggests that SIS talk to @OccupyNewark and try to figure it out. #nycga #ows

Yoni: “CQ: On website, it says you’ll be buying some supplies from Wal-Mart. Are you still going to?” A: “No, we’re not. There was a…”

Cont’d: “…reason for that, but we can’t, not on this.” OK, no more CQs! Stacking up concerns. Aaron says the NYPD told him we’re find as…

Cont’d: …long as we keep an open pathway. Next concern: “I don’t want anyone to be cold in the winter! However, I’m concerned about the..”

Cont’d: “…funds running out, and w/ #ON not having all expenses accounted for nor communication re: available resources here.” #nycga #ows

She suggests we should give some funds, but to reconsider the total? Hard to hear. Daryl’s FA is to subtract cost of physical items given.

A: “We’ll accept the FA; it’s not about $, it’s about lives.” Anymore FAs? Temp check: looks good… #nycga #ows

Any standasides? No. Any blocks? No! CONSENSUS! Proposers: “Pls take a GA field trip to @OccupyNewark so you see what you’re helping out!”

Next, a Proposal to End Corporate Personhood! “We’re here tonight to get your support in trying to end corporate personhood!” #nycga #ows

They state they want to end the US constitution and pursue “certain reforms while we pursue revolution… because money is not speech!” #nycga

They passed around the text of it, but they’ll read a little bit. Here’s the full text: http://t.co/9hKia3ze

“Due to opportunity provided by their great wealth, corporations use the legal system to overpower human beings and communities.” #nycga

“Corporations are not mentioned it the constitution, and we’re particularly disturbed at the rollbacks of legal limits to corporate…” #nycga

Cont’d: “…spending creates an unequal playing field.” #nycga #ows

Additionally, on 1/20 and 1/21, they’re organizing several actions across city on 2-year anniversary of the Citizens United ruling. #nycga

“We propose this resolution as one of many strategies to work towards empowerment, not as an endorsement of political party..”

Cont’d: “…or of the current political system, just as one of many strategies to end corporate dominion.” #nycga #ows

“The resolution is also online, on the GA agenda for tonight!” Pete Levin, from the NYCC, is a sponsor of the resolution at the city council

Councilor Levin notes that they’ll be voting on that resolution tomorrow at City Hall. #nycga #ows

OK, no CQs, so it’s time for Concerns stack. Concern: “This is a demand for reform.” #nycga #ows

A: “As a movement, we want to move forward… the idea that corporations are not people” is one we want to stand in solidarity with. #nycga

Lopi’s concern is with some of the language, but I missed it. Sorry, Lopi. Daryl is concerned that more things like this don’t pass. #nycga

They say the word “fiction” is about their personhood; also, they have removed demands from the language in response to Sunday’s GA…

“Rather, [we want to state] our values in asserting that corporations should not be considered people. We are not demanding political…”

Cont’d: “…action, joining a specific group, or passing any sort of legal thing.” Concern: “There are many different viewpoints and maybe..”

Cont’d; “…even demands that #OWS could conceivably make. I don’t think that the right move is for any one of those demands to get out..”

Cont’d; “..in front of any of the others.” Wants us to work together and come out united.” OK, friendly amendments. “I used to have…”

Cont’d: “…concerns about this being a demand, and after reading it, I think it’s carefully written, phrased, and doesn’t violate our…”

Cont’d: “…statement of autonomy, which says ‘speak with us, not for us.” But has one amendment: take out #OWS so the proposal simply reads..

Cont’d: …”the general assembly of new york city.” More powerful than to say we’re just the GA of #OWS. #nycga #ows

A: “I really appreciate the thoughtfulness you articulated. My concern w/ not including the phrase “Occupy Wall Street” is we’ve…”

Cont’d: “…worked so hard to grow the movement, that #OWS is familiar to all, while the #NYCGA is a function of the movement.”

Shawn understands. “If you don’t want to take the FA, I still support the proposal.” But still feels the GA is #OWS, and vice-versa.

OK, no more FAs. Restating the proposal. “We’d like to ask #OWS to endorse the resolution in solidarity w/ @OccupyLA in stating that…”

Cont’d: “…corporations are not people. and money is not speech, and we invite you to join in w/ actions on 1/20 and 1/21.” #nycga #ows

Sorry, had to switch to thumbs! There was a block, not by Shawn, but with same request as his FA, tho more for reason of clarity. #NYCGA

They accepted the block’s suggested FA, so we got full consensus in support of the resolution in refutation of corporate personhood! #Nycga

Next on the agenda is Nan’s proposal, and holy deity is it cold right now. Daryl is helping her present. They want an audit of #OwS finances

Nan: “My working group’s concern is: we don’t like the IRS, don’t want IRS coming after us.” #OwS #nycga

Sorry, we’re being hassled for using public power outlets. So far ppl seem to be asking basic info about our accounts. We have 2 accounts…

…one under auspices of non-profit sponsor, and one that isn’t, because non-profits have limits on how their $ can be used. #OWS #NYCGA

Lopi asks Nan if she’d accept an audit on her own working group’s funds; Nan was defensive and Lopi noted Accounting says Nan.. #nycga #ows

…and her working group has had issues accounting for some of their funds as well. #OWS #nycga

CQ: all members of accounting have had background checks. Can you also have your background checked before you perform an audit? #OWS #NYCGA

Ok, someone’s concern is that they don’t trust Nan’s motives. Nan: “this is about accounting, and avoiding the IRS.” #nycga #ows

Lopi’s concerns are “too great to state briefly,” but highlights concern that Nan might get access to the anonymous donor info. #NYCGA #OWS

Nan: “Lopi, the way we’re going to audit it, we’re not going to publish the donors’ names.” she won’t be there when audit is done… #nycga

…Daryl, her co-proposer, who has an accounting background (?) would take care of overseeing the audit. #OWS #NYCGA

Concern: “This divisive issue has come before the GA before, and we rejected it. We’re wasting ppl’s time in freezing cold, and we may not..

“..get to the one remaining proposal because we’re again hearing this proposal.” Nan notes that it was tabled on NYE. #OWS #NYCGA

Ok, friendly amendments: @jdegroot makes a FA that states that Nan won’t have any additional empowerment above the rest of us as a result…

Cont’d: …of this proposal. “this should resolve many concerns.” Nan and Daryl accept it. Lopi wants to see it in print. #OWS #NYCGA

Robert’s FA: that this proposal can’t of “move forward w/o the approval of the Accounting Working group.” Nan: “Forget about it.” #NYCGA

Next FA is anyone who looks at Accounting’s books must pass a background check, same as anyone else who joins accounting. #OWS #NYCGA

They accepted the friendly amendment requiring background checks. Restating: proposal is to get an external accountant to prepare #OWS for..

…tax time, w/o anyone getting special powers among occupiers and w/ background… Oh, now they’re balking on the background check? Yeah.

No background check. Temp checking moving to consensus.. “I’m seeing a lot of negatives.” also, we’re out of time. TC on extending time…

…also very negative. Nan tables her proposal. Now we’re trying to decide whether or not to keep going because it’s so cold.

Ok, next proposal is the “Occupy the New Hampshire Primary” dealie. I beg you to look it up on nycga.net and send me the link so I can…

…save my limited number of remaining taps before my hands expire. #NYCGA #OWS

The only FA was “make sure you kick ass.” oh, Ted also suggests they make effort be4 leaving to try to get donated funds if possible. #NYCGA

Restated prop: Total budget is $1650, which is just basic transport and facilities. FA was to ask for in-kind donations if possible. #OWS

Oh, plus $250 for an occupation in NH. $1900 total. Standasides? No! Blocks? No! Consensus! #OWS #NYCGA

(Moving in closer w/ much smaller crowd, we’re feeling a little more focused, and slightly less cold. Slightly.)

Next proposal is to “Go to #j17!” Proposer is requesting that people go to DC and that #OWS express solidarity. #OWS #NYCGA

A concern was expressed that expressing solidarity w/ an “event that violates the principles of solidarity of #OWS” by interfacing w/…

…national governing bodies w/o a directly democratic method of setting the agenda.” proposer feels the concern and the FA that came…

…out of it, which was for ppl to go individually, and not endorse it or “express solidarity”– proposer agreed w/ this concern, but…

…most people expressed that they didn’t support that FA, so the proposer turned it down. But, when that became a block, and the blocker…

…said “I beg of you all not to consent to this; there is no difference between an endorsement and expressing solidarity w/ something…”

Cont’d “…and we need to be consistent in our adherence to direct democracy and the principles of solidarity…” the proposer again…

…expressed sympathy and considered tabling the proposal. Stairs suggested that for a proposer to agree w/ a blocking concern.. #nycga #OWS

…seemed to indicate that moving to consensus was suspect. But many ppl insisted that we move to modified consensus on the proposal. #nycga

So, we did. About 6 people voted for and at least as many voted against, so the proposal did not reach modified consensus. #nycga #OWS

So, that’s it! These last few tweets, I waited to post til my hands re-entered a building. Thanks for yr patience fam! #nycga #ows

Also, big thanks to everyone who turned out in crazy cold tonight to defend our right to assemble. Make no mistake, they “expect us”…

…to follow through when we come for serious. And they didn’t want to mess with even the numbers we could get in 15 degrees. #OWS #NYCGA

[Also, thanks to @what_a_fiasco for throwing me some gloves! Crucial. if y'all have questions/comments/concerns, hit me up on @DiceyTroop!]

Comments are closed.