Tweets for Fri, 20 Jan 2012

Posted by & filed under Livetweets.

Hi fam! We’re at West Park Presbyterian; waiting on the arrival of the #OccupyTheCourts folks before we start Spokescouncil! #NYCSC #OWS

Stairs: “Welcome to another episode of Spokescouncil!” Steve and @thejorobin will be our facilitators tonight (“Stairs” for short.) #nycsc

Jo and Steve are reviewing our handsignals! Here’s a recap previously compled: http://t.co/VHmHwQl9 #nycsc #ows

First, announcements. Outreach: “They’re running a mobile town hall on 1/29, the last Sunday of the month, to get ppl out there…”#nycsc #ows

Cont’d: “…it’s a pop-up occupation kind of thing.” January 29th, Washington Square Park. #nycsc #ows

Ravi (Outreach) also notes that the rules passed 12/20 defining requirements for working groups to be recognized kick in today. #nycsc #ows

Interoccupy reminds us folks do look to us as an example, and thank us for our work. Suggest we use #interocc to coordinate. #nycsc #ows

Next, Billy: “8 or 9 of us have been talking about” getting ready for the RNC and DNC. Talk to him if you, uh, want to go. #ows #nycsc

Minutes reports that they’re working to perfect their audio-recording system, to be posted on nycga.net #nycsc #ows

Nan, Strong Women Rules: “We went to an nycga.net meeting at Charlotte’s Place,” announces the next Tech meeting time for some reason.#nycsc

Next, Drew from TechOps: “We want to start doing a lot more trainings on tools we’re offering & blogging, Facebook, whatever else.” #nycsc

OK, closing stack on Announcements. Next, Jason tells us “OccupyAtlanta is hosting a Southeast Regional occupation” March 9th. #nycsc #ows

Cont’d: “They did want a group from #OWS to come down, so there’s planning going on; I wanted to give as much notice as possible.” #nycsc

Shawn notes he has a proposal for everybody- he’s got copies! It’s about changing our meeting schedule. #nycsc #ows

Ashley, Women Occupying Nations- they’re working to honor all women and allies this month. She went to the MLK #j15 vigil, and notes..#nycsc

Cont’d: ..all of the #OWS speakers in the program were men. “We want to remind everyone not to repeat the mistakes of the past, and be…”

Cont’d: “…responsible and inclusive.” They mic checked to make sure that women were heard. #nycsc #ows

Jason: “The Occupy Town Square Facebook page has gone up! They want support/participation from as many WGs as possible.” #nycsc #ows

OK, we’ll roll call all the Spokes: Facilitation; Town Planning; Arts; Think Tank; Translatione; Structure; People of Color Caucus; WoN…

…Constitution, Tech, OccupyFarms, GSD, The People’s Kitchen, @DAP, @OWSLibrary, Class War WG, Safer Spaces, Outreach, ComHub. #nycsc #ows

RT @occupyphoenix: Just briefly spoke at @LibertySqGA to thank #OWS members for all their hard work & to look to other city’s while work …

@occupyphoenix right on! sorry, i missed the first couple sentences you said.

ClassWar: “We’ll meet Weds at 5; Charlotte’s Place or 60 Wall. Announce on website. We’re speaking with #communist groups…” #nycsc

Cont’d: “…to see if we can do some joint action with them. New point person is Zak.” #nycsc #ows

Next, Direct Action Painters (@DAP): “Regretfully, we’re going on art strike until we have a good place to work in.” Art, banners, posters.

.@DAP will put together a Kickstarter campaign so they can have a space and some art materials. “In the meantime, we have some banners..”

Cont’d: “…in our inventory that we’ll let ppl use if they want to.” They need a 24/7 space where they can spraypaint in. #nycsc #ows

Joe, Education and Empowerment, tells us about “Occupy University!” Website: University.nycga.net. Working to get it rolling. #nycsc #ows

TechOps’ report back: “We’re building out, purchasing all the equipment you approved for us!” They’ll have weekly trainings during… #nycsc

Cont’d: …the day, once they find “a space where we have power, Internet,” they’ll do them in the evenings for ppl who work during day.

Check out Tech Ops at Tech.nycga.net! And you can blog for your working group there. #nycsc #ows

Next, OccupyFarms. “We’ve been building relationships w/ Farms in Woodstock and Vermont, and are trying to get our website up..” #nycsc

Cont’d: “…so we have something to show farmers when we approach them.” Still in outreach; let ‘em know if you want to work, or know farmers.

Cont’d: Also, “the different eco groups are having a summit on the 28th and forming an eco-cluster to better coordinate.” #nycsc #ows

Cont’d: The eco cluster meets 1/28 at 56 Walker. #nycsc #ows

Ashley (Women Occupying Nations) already made her report back during announcements, so she repeats what she said earlier. #nycsc #ows

Steve will review process of Spokescouncil. We sit in working groups with a consensed-upon speaker or “spoke.” When we have… #nycsc #ows

Cont’d: …the opportunity to weigh in, we confer as working groups & our Spoke then articulates the consensus of the group. #nycsc

OK, the first proposal we’ll discuss tonight is Facilitation’s. Stairs asks us to temp check giving 20 minutes for the proposal. OK. #nycsc

Brian (Facilitation): “Facilitation has a great proposal- you’ve never heard or thought anything like this before.” Jokes! #nycsc #ows

Brian: “The proposal is to reduce the number of spokescouncils to create time for us to do other things. We know many people are doing…”

Cont’d: “…other things, & the nightly meetings are a hammer hold on time.” Nods at need for other community-building formats than meetings.

In addition to reducing the meetings from 3 times a week to 2, the Facilitation proposal also expressly states Spokescouncil… #nycsc #ows

Cont’d: …can set meeting times / frequency. “We feel like right now there’s a law about meetings, & we want to break that law.” #nycsc #ows

OK, so Working Groups will confer and when they’re done, their spokes will voice their decisions during consensus process re: this proposal.

OK, we’re back. Think Tank: “We like Spokescouncil; we’re worried that this may cave to some of the problems that it has.” #nycsc #ows

Cont’d: They’re also curious how this proposal will interact with the larger restructuring from DA that Shawn mentioned. #nycsc #ows

Next CQ: “What would the week look like? If this changes GA schedule, it needs separate consensus from GA.” #nycsc #ows

A: “I forgot to include in the proposal that the idea was to have #SC on Mon and Weds,” but it’s bn in works for long, hence #jokes before.

Brian notes that since Facilitation was having some trouble maintaining quality of facilitation, were motivated to propose change. #nycsc

Brian notes though that the proposal empowers #Spokescouncil to decicde its own meeting times. #nycsc #ows

Nathan, Facilitation, handles the question about whether this affects GA, and the DA proposal. “I think they work hand-in hand.” #nycsc

Cont’d: “The idea is to open up Friday nights and make them available for other ideas and events.” #nycsc #ows

Next question. “If you’re going to arrange what days #spokes meets, are you going to take into consideration that WG meets during Spokes?”

A: “One of the things we noticed a month or two ago, when there were GAs and Spokes, ppl wouldn’t schedule working group meetings. But..”

Cont’d: “…as time went on, that happened more,” as if it’s hard for people to attend 7 meetings a week! #nycsc #ows

And Brian notes they’re not trying to solve disruption at all; they just want to give the community flexibility about how it spends time.

OK, we’ll take 2 minutes to confer on concerns and friendly amendments. Be back soon! #nycsc #ows

OK, we’re coming back. Stairs: “Now it’s time for concerns and amendments.” Opening stack for such. Kitchen is first. #nycsc #ows

Kitchen’s concern is that if Spokescouncil changes its meeting times, how will it get notice? Brian notes that this proposal… #nycsc #ows

Cont’d: …doesn’t seek to dictate how the schedule changes in future beyond this one change to drop the Friday meeting. #nycsc #ows

Kitchen asks if they can have a friendly amendment to make sure that if a meeting is added or changed, they’re told in advance. #nycsc #ows

Next, “my concern is a financial one.” Once “the spending freeze is released,” w/o Friday SC, groups will have harder time getting $. #nycsc

…”because the office is closed on Sunday and Monday.” Nathan seems to feel that this wouldn’t change much in effect. #nycsc #ows

Think Tank: “One of the things that’s making these meetings difficult is the endless budget props;” little space for ideas, actions. #nycsc

Think Tank suggests we use the Spokescouncil funds allocated for Friday, going fwd, to enable us to use a different format to meet. #nycsc

Facilitation says that’s definitely the idea- can use Thinktank format, Open Spaces, many others to try different styles of organization.

Ashley (WoN): “My concern is that ppl who are involved every MWF, there’s not going to be repetitive multiple changes so that” it… #nycsc

Cont’d: …gets far away from what GA designed Spokescouncil to be, “even tho I think this is an appropriate change.” #nycsc #ows

Ashley continues, saying she’s concerned the Facilitation “clique” might keep making changes. A: “We respect the concern…” #ows #nycsc

Cont’d: “…but we want to pt out there’s nothing cliquish about Facilitation.” Facilitation, Brian says, generates proposals using consensus.

Brian: “I don’t know what’s going to come next, but the heart of facilitation is not about monopolizing power, operating as a clique, or..”

Cont’d: “…de-legitimizing anybody.” Ashley requests that this statement be put into notes. [Happily. Not saying anything else argh. -Ed.]

Next, Class War’s Concern: “Since the spending freeze, the GA is an hour at most, and the only other place we have discussions is here…”

Cont’d: “…and here, discussions take a little longer.” Feels now isn’t the time, as GA attendance is low. Maybe after spending freeze ends.

A: “We believe, as I think many do, that the movement is a long-term thing, and we want to make decisions looking into future.” #nycsc #ows

Cont’d: “That being said, it doesn’t mean we won’t meet on that day,” just that we can use “other formats for meeting.” #nycsc #ows

Nathan also notes that they’re also looking to reduce the GA meetings by one as well, which would improve GAs. #nycsc #ows

Translation’s Concern/FA: “Let’s have Facilitation to really make a concerted effort to include” captioning, signing on livestream and…

Cont’d: …in a broader sense, “the inclusion of chat participation.” Says @Occupy_Boston now has chat participants. [Oh word #OB? -Ed.]

A: “That sounds like a great proposal for Translation to bring — we don’t want to make any promises we can’t keep.” #nycsc #ows

Next, @DAP speaks to their own proposal about a similar plan for reorganizing – “it’s a concern slash announcement.” #nycsc #ows

A: “I think that proposal and this one work really well together,” applauds their work. “Our thinking is to leave those days open…” #nycsc

Cont’d: “…for the community,” and their plan for what to fill those days with is extremely compatible and exciting. #nycsc #ows

TechOps’ Concern/FA: “Spokes repeating — will it be 2 spokes a week? Still 7 days, or #s of meetings? How will that be affected?”#nycsc

A: “We hadn’t thought about that at all.” Tech: “OK; we have a friendly amendment you can take or leave. We ask that this proposal..”#nycsc

Cont’d: “…only go into action if your proposal to also reduce the days GA meets is accepted. Just so we’re on the same path.” #nycsc #ows

Also, TechOps asks that Facilitation “continue to secure space on Friday so that we can experiment with other meetings” on those days.

A: “RE: GA: this is a little more complicated now, because DA’s proposal will go to GA tomorrow before ours.” #nycsc #ows

A cont’d: “We’re actually not planning on going to GA with our proposal b/c of the other proposal, and we’re trying to work together.”#nycsc

RE: the amendment to still get space on Fridays, Nathan accepts provided the money set for Spokescouncil space can be used for that. #nycsc

Brian notes that Facilitation questions its responsibility to pursue and secure space, which fell to it by default. #nycsc #ows

Brian: “The park didn’t cost anything; Facilitation’s addressed space as it’s come up.” But doesn’t want to accept responsibility to..#nycsc

Cont’d: …secure space b/c it “fell to us by default.” Recap; the accepted FA was from Kitchen to let them know if SC changes. #nycsc #ows

Translation asks about their FA; Brian isn’t sure that he understood his answer to it. “We can’t promise implementation; what we do..”#nycsc

Cont’d: “…is” maintain the process. Stairs notes this isn’t facilitation’s proposal, it’s everyone; can’t bottomline everything. #nycsc #ows

The Strong Women Rules spoke is being questioned about the last time he spoked… we’re working on that. #nycsc #ows

Apparently he’s good to spoke. His amendment is to have Weds’ Spokescouncils vote on meeting Friday. The formula for… #nycsc #ows

Cont’d: …the voting was confusing, tho, so I’m not exactly sure what it was. Still, yeah, voting each week on meeting Friday. #nycsc #ows

Stairs asks if we’re ready to move to consensus — we are! “The proposal is simple, it’s to reduce Spokescouncils to Mon and Weds..” #nycsc

Cont’d: “…and states that this body has the right to change its meetings by consensus.” And the friendly amendment was that… #nycsc #ows

Cont’d: …if an additional meeting is added, Kitchen will be notified. And Facilitation will reach out to Translation to talk about… #nycsc

Cont’d: …other ways to include translation. Think Tank brings up the Tech amendment about keeping budget in place for Fridays’ meetings…

Cont’d: …and Brian says “I’m trying to get facilitation to acknowledge that we don’t have an obligation to secure, rent, pay for space.”

Cont’d: “We don’t want it to become” standard, “it’s not something that is our responsibility by any kind of tasked proposal.” #nycsc #ows

OK, so we’ll move to consensus. Stairs asks if we have standasides, which would come from consenting to stand aside if working groups…

Cont’d: …cannot consense on either supporting or blocking the prop. 1 stand aside; are there any blocks? no blocks! CONSENSUS! #nycsc #ows

Stairs notes that “not Facilitation, not the Facilitation WG, but we all” got through that proposal in an hour with full consensus. #nycsc

They also mention that we need to close the meeting at 10:25. They suggest we take a 2 minute break, with some quick disagreement frm group.

So, we temp-checked taking a 2 minute break to “reward ourselves for reaching consensus” — approved! So we’re taking a quick break. #nycsc

OK, we’re back. Jo: “I have a request from individuals who are staying here;” they want us to stop at 10:15 so they can go to bed. #nycsc

So, we’re tempchecking stopping at 10:15 — agreed. Stairs tells us Safer Spaces’ proposal is going to come up on Monday by their request.

And, Town Planning’s prop can’t be presented because Sean is too sick to present it. So… it snds like Spokescouncil is going to end? #nycsc

There’s some disagreement; ppl want to meet. But Stairs doesn’t hv proposers for the proposals on the table. Opening stack for suggestions.

Melanie: “Did we ask the room if there were other people on board for any of the proposals?” RE: Town Planning, “it’s everybody’s proposal.”

Melanie herself isn’t prepared to bring the proposal, “b/c I’m somewhat biased.” But she says many ppl in room are. #nycsc #ows

Stairs: “I hear your concerns, but to tell you what happened: I was told informally 2 days ago that Outreach would present the proposal..”

Cont’d: “…and I was given unclear details on the proposal. When I arrived today…” Sean has returned! He’ll present! Yay! #nycsc #ows

So, it sounds like we’ll hear Town Planning and Outreach’s proposal… which I think is about excluding a certain instigator from #NYCSC.

Sean: “There’s something we’ve been putting up with too long; we all know what it is. One of the things SC is empowered to do is…”

Cont’d: “…exclude someone from SC b/c of “repetitive disruption,” or violations of the principles of solidarity. We’d like to ask the…”

Cont’d: “…spokescouncil to choose to exclude Nan, based on repeated physical assaults including of this man who facilitated Friday.” #nycsc

Stairs: “Is that the whole proposal?” Sean: “That’s it.” Stairs gives us 2 minutes of discussion to consult w/in working groups. #nycsc #ows

OK, we’re back. Opening stack on clarifying questions. Sage: “What I want to know is, has there been a history of emotional abuse…” #nycsc

Cont’d: “…between the victim and the abuser, or this body and the abuser? I.e., was the person who was physically violent…” #nycsc #ows

Cont’d: “…violated herself in any other ways? Did any instigation take place?” Wants 2 or 3 witnesses to describe the relationship. #nycsc

Sean asks him to clarify. Sage: “I want to know if there’s a history — if someone spends 3 months treating me like shit, if I lose my…”

Cont’d: “…shit on a particular day, I don’t want that to be the day that I get in trouble while everyone else gets a free pass.” #nycsc #ows

Sean: “She’s abused us repeatedly, threatened us repeatedly.” Isn’t in her head, doesn’t know if she thinks we all have been that to her.

Jason will speak to his relationship to Nan; Nan speaks for the first time. “Can I say something?” Stairs: “You’ll have your chance.” #nycsc

Someone from SIS speaks: “Jason and Nan really didn’t have a relationship, and there’s no conflict online that I could find.” #nycsc #ows

Cont’d: “It was just a separate situation where she went off on this individual.” Notes Wednesday that we decided to remove someone… #nycsc

Cont’d: ..who threatened others and scuffled with others, and notes that Nan has threatened many and assaulted more than one. #nycsc #ows

Nan is starting to shout out. Stairs: “Everyone can speak, including those being mentioned,” but we must stick to stack. #nycsc #ows

Order maintained so far. Sage tells the person who is speaking to this relationship that he agrees w/ proposal, just wants background.#nycsc

Next on stack: Drew, TechOps: “Our question is, it’s not Strong Women Rules WG being removed, just Nan. Right?” A: “Yes.” #nycsc #ows

Ashley: “Is this person being removed because of her violence, and nothing else? Not because she speaks out of turn, but b/c…” #nycsc

Cont’d: “..of her violence?” A: “Yes.” Housing asks if we can let Nan respond on every point. Stairs: “We don’t do direct responses…” #nycsc

Cont’d: “…because we found they just allow people to jump stack, and cut ppl off — it’s really divisive.” #nycsc #ows

Sean notes that we have no process to do this, so we’re making it up as we go along to some extent. Stairs says Nan can speak at end. #nycsc

Nan: “I think I can speak. First of all, you are nothing but hypocrites.” Says Sean has “an agenda” and accuses him of “backstabbing”…

Cont’d: …Jason and Jeff from Housing, and “then you have the nerve to bring this proposal here.” Nan says she was defending herself… #nycsc

Cont’d: …and removing Jason from her space. [I watched Nan lunge at Jason with fists. -Ed.] Sean asks if we want to see the video. #nycsc

OK, we’re opening stack on Concerns and Amendments. First: “The concern of #OWS En Español is, beyond what we decide to do about…” #nycsc

Cont’d: “…this individual, we feel there is no place really where these kind of situations are dealt with as a rule. How does it come…”

Cont’d: “…to happen to threaten a whole movement? Whether they’re removed or not is irrelevant to me; important thing is how we deal..”

Cont’d: “…with this situation. We’re dragging a whole world we’re trying to leave behind with this situation, and that’s what concerns me.”

Sean: “We’re making this part up together as we go along;” notes they’re working on developing a “grievance circle” to resolve… #nycsc #ows

Cont’d: …problems, reveal hurt, and “bring that individual back into the group.” They feel they need to leave a way back such as that.#nycsc

Next concern: “Sometimes there are acts of violence or blocks; we know who does that. The amendment is to ban the person temporarily…”#nycsc

Cont’d: “…on the basis of, if you’re blocking so many times, maybe you need to take a time-out from the movement.” Blocking halts… #nycsc

Cont’d: …”the progressive proposals we want to do, and it’s really frustrating when we’re” trying to move forward. So FA is to ban…

Cont’d: …Nan for a certain amount of time and to include blocking as a reason. #nycsc #ows

Sean: “This has nothing to do w/ blocking; it has to violence.” They don’t want to expand it beyond that. #nycsc #ows

Facilitation’s Concern: “We’re concerned about the precedent this is going to set, and what we’re doing, banning Nan, not from the…” #nycsc

Cont’d: “…movement, but from SC, and to look at the history we know so well and how it might be perceived from outside as being exclusive.”

A: “To re-iterate, this proposal is about asking someone to leave this specific space because of physical violence. She tried to take…”

Cont’d: “…a swing at this guy.” “We want to let everyone know, inside and outside the movement, that we don’t accept violence.” #nycsc #ows

Stairs notes there’s lots of PoIs, wants to make sure they’re real. “Yes, I want to make clear it’s about this meeting — Spokescouncils.”

A: “Yes, that’s true.” Stairs temp-checks extending meeting back to 10:30, “that has to be it, tho.” #nycsc #ows

PoI from Lopi: “Nan attacked me at the GA.” Nan starts accusing her of mispronouncing her name. “I was hesitant to speak…” #nycsc #ows

Cont’d: “…because I knew she’d attack me.” “We’ve been tolerating violence in our movement for so many months…” Nan starts speaking over her

Cont’d: “We can’t tolerate violence in this moment. She’s attacked many people here. I’m a survivor of PTSD, & I can’t… I don’t feel safe.”

Safer Spaces agrees, but are concerned that only addressing physical violence is dangerous, and note that without a clear road back… #nycsc

Cont’d: “…this just feels indefinite.” Also notes they feel “it’s a serious conversation, and this is being rushed.” “No,” many people say.

Sean: “We don’t want it to be indefinite. There must be a road back; what we should do is make and open the road back.” #nycsc #ows

Cont’d: “A lot of us here know what we want it to be (the grievance process); we haven’t figured it out yet but plan to soon. We have to…”

Cont’d: “…create this way back together and then give it to the individuals we have excluded” due to violence. #nycsc #ows

Ashley’s Concern: “I just wanted it to be clear that a lot of us in this room care about Nan as a human being, and acknowledge she’s…”

Cont’d: “…going through pain, and may have past traumas. We care about her. But this is because there has been physical violence.” #nycsc

Cont’d: “And we feel there needs to be a road back, because despite the pain…” Nan interrupts: “I’m not in pain. What the hell?” #nycsc #ows

Ashley continues: “The reason she needs a break is she physically assaulted multiple ppl; it’s not because she speaks out about racism…”

Cont’d: “…and sexism,” and she notes that she thinks it’s unfair for ppl to abuse those issues — Nan: “You yourself use it!” Woah woah woah

Sean: “It’s certainly not that I don’t care. Case in pt, someone swung a chair in her head at the SC; I got in the way, it hit me instead.”

Next, Class War. “Throughout the existence of #SC, Nan has been disruptive each and every meeting. She’s gotten in…” #nycsc #ows

Cont’d: “…ppl’s faces and yelled, which is a form of violence — verbal violence. She has hit people. I believe this is long overdue.”#nycsc

Next, Vision and Goals: “We have no system for this.” Says we need to show system here and now. (This was SWR spoke before…) #nycsc #ows

SWR/Vision and Goals’ spoke (?) said “this is how people got lynched in the past,” and maaad people were like “oh no you didn’t.” #nycsc

Cont’d: “We don’t have any specific allegations vs. Nan.” People are getting frustrated with him because he’s just wicked wrong. #nycsc

The SWR spoke is continuing to go on and on and on, same stuff. “There’s no finding of fact here!” “He’s filibustering,” someone says.

We get the guy to calm down by offering him vid of Nan attacking J. So Nan picks up where he left off, shouting tht we didnt let him finish.

We’re moving to consensus. “How many standasides?” 3 standasides. “If they wish to address their standasides, they may.” #nycsc #ows

First stand aside is because we’re dealing with one person when “what we have to deal with is a lot bigger than that.” #nycsc #ows

Direct Action: “I’m just going to say that we have a conflict in our group; I personally came here to create a utopia; I don’t believe in..”

Cont’d: “…punishment, I believe in finding out why people are the way they are so we can change them.” Doesn’t want to exclude. #nycsc #ows

Restating proposal: “We’re asking SC to activate section 3b of original Spokes design proposal.” Want to bring forward Safer Spaces’ prop…

Cont’d: “It’s not a permanent ban; it’s not a punishment.” We’re asking them to remove themselves until we figure out best way “to be…”

Cont’d: “…respectful of those who have been physically attacked.” “Any blocks?” Safer Spaces is blocking. Jaws drop. #nycsc #ows

Safer Spaces’ block is because they’re worried that since we don’t have the road back yet, it’s indefinite. Their FA is to have… #nycsc #ows

Cont’d: …a grievance circle begin “by Monday,” even if it’s not the final format it comes in. Safer Spaces remove their block. #nycsc #ows

Sage decides to block. “Nan strikes dude at #SC. Facilitation knows rules of #SC; when violence happens room temp checks whether it’s…”

Cont’d: “…violence; messages sent to de-escalation to keep them out.” Sage says that proposal hasn’t served our ends. “The list of people..”

Cont’d: “…at #OWS who are unwilling to be accountable is long,” doesn’t believe we need to approve this proposal to bar Nan? #nycsc #ows

Many are skeptical of this from Sage, but Ravi responds in earnest, explaining that we need to set precedent of accountability. #nycsc #ows

Ravi says that the Spokescouncil proposal sets this process up. “I wish it was better,” but this is required. Sage is asking, “so, you’re..”

Cont’d: “…saying that you need to do this to bar Nan from #Spokescouncil next time? We can’t just temp-check violence?” #nycsc #ows

Ravi does feel that way. Sage says he thinks we should be able to just bar based on existing proposal. Ravi asks if his block is resolved..

Sage stands aside. Stairs asks if there are any more blocks. NO MORE BLOCKS. “We have now reached consensus on this proposal.” #nycsc

Stairs: “Mic check! I just want to observe one last time that we’re not happy to be excluding someone.” Nan starts yelling. #nycsc #ows

“Bye, Nan,” someone says. Stairs: “This is only the beginning. We need to develop better processes for resolving conflict…” #nycsc #ows

Cont’d: “…this is a band-aid solution and it’s not the way we should continue to deal with this issue.” #nycsc #ows

“Productive Spokescouncil is productive!” Anthony, Class War WG’s Spoke, observes. #nycsc #ows

OK, that’s it for tonight, folks. Recap: we approved a proposal to reduce Spokescouncil from 3 to 2 nights a week, freeing up Friday night.

Recap continued: We approved a proposal to bar Nan from Spokescouncil until we have a grievance resolution process, because of her…#nycsc

Cont’d: …physical violence against facilitators a week ago. There is video of this, I’ll try to post it asap. #nycsc #OWS

[Thanks fam! Questions, comments, concerns, frustrations, excitement, revolutionary fervor, hit me at @diceytroop. -Ed.] #nycsc #ows

Comments are closed.