Tweets for Fri, 13 Jan 2012

Posted by & filed under Livetweets.

Hey fam! #NYCSC Spokescouncil is getting started. Follow here, @LibertySqGA2, @LibertySqGA3, and @LibertySqGA4 for livetweets! #ows

Jason from Facilitation, @zoetreuer are facilitating (I’ll call them Stairs for short!) First, we’ll do working grp reportbacks. #NYCSC #OWS

First, Sustainability announces that environmental-focused working groups will meet 2ish pm Saturday, the 28th. More info to follow. #NYCSC

Also, Sustainability are working to develop a 5,000 square foot rooftop farm in Bushwick in partnership with other orgs! #nycga #ows

“We’re still in development stages of how we want to do it; we have Dr. Susan Rubin and Andrew Faust helping us design it.” #nycga #ows

Cont’d: “The NLG won a profound victory for us, getting those barriers torn down. That’s the first place we came together…” #nycga #ows

Cont’d: “…where the public could come in and engage. And I know I didn’t have that voice before and I have been changed by having it.”

Cont’d: “We invite you all to remember the first time you entered that park, the hope you felt knowing something greater than yourself..”

Cont’d: “…was happening. And even though they destroyed our community in that space, they haven’t licked us.” #nycga #ows

Cont’d: “We want you to consider having your WG meetings in Zuccotti Park. If we did, we’d be occupying, all the time.” #nycga #ows

Cont’d: “The public would be able to re-engage with us, and we could open that space in our own terms.” #nycga #ows

Cont’d: “They can take our tents, but they can’t take our hearts and minds and our work. The question isn’t what are our demands..” #nycga

Cont’d: “…it’s what are you doing to create change? And we’ve all been working, & want to show you. We invite you to come out of hiding.”

Sustainability describes an anecdote: they had a meeting in that space, and many people came. “If we’re there, they will come.” #nycga #ows

She describes a coal miner / activist who came to Liberty Square simply to thank us, for giving him hope he’d lost over years of struggle.

Cont’d: “When the snow melts, and the flowers blossom, we will rise back up. So we invite you to join us in rising up.” #nycga #ows

Next reportback: Where Workers are Owners — specifically designed to help OWSers find self-employment. #nycga #ows

“We have this idea that the 1% doesn’t like people being employed by themselves, in their own groups — over time, as ppl do this..” #nycga

Cont’d: “…their exploitative companies won’t be needed.” They plan to exploit 1% rather than letting them exploit us. #nycga #ows

Cont’d: “We’re getting work for ppl who know how to design websites and give music lessons w/ specific instruments. And I’d like to..”#nycga

Cont’d: “..extend that to any artist.” No matter your discipline “there are people who really want to study that.” #nycga #ows

Cont’d: “This is my personal conviction; we have a company set up so they can’t bother us.” We’ll boycott the 1%’s jobs. #nycga #ows

“If you’re involved in an artistic discipline, or if you know an artist who’s broke, put ‘em in contact w/ me!” gilbertgambucci@aol.com.

Next, Nick from Facilitation reports that Facilitation is working on a plan to try to reduce the number of GAs and Spokes. #NYCSC #OWS

Nick invites anyone who wants to be involved in writing that proposal to come to the FWG meetings, TuThSat, 4pm. #NYCSC #OWS

Next: “I’m a photographer, and I run a blog — owsfaces.com. Just a Tumblr; no commercial or media interests attached.” #nycga #ows

Cont’d: “I’m here w/ my camera, and I’m wondering if I can take occasional pictures. If you’re not cool w/ that, let me know.” #nycga #ows

Malina, of Outreach and Politics and Electoral Reform: “We have 2 events centered around the Citizens United Supreme Court ruling..” #nycga

Cont’d: “…which is two years old on Saturday.” Will have many great speakers, students, community leaders, 5-7 Friday 1/20. #nycsc #ows

Cont’d: “And Sat, Occupy the Corporations. And will include an Occupy the Faith contingency. 12:30-2:30 Saturday 1/21.” #nycga #ows

Next, :Legal. “Legal could really use some help, b/c I don’t think anyone else from Legal’s here right now. We’re not lawyers…” #nycga

Cont’d: “..but there are a lot of things an activist legal team can do. So if you have an interest in working on legislation or…” #NYCSC

Cont’d: “…anti-repression work,” should get involved. Sundays, 6:30 at 60 Wall. Also working on global anti-repression work. #nycsc #ows

Camille, continuing, makes point that other movements have been hampered by impacts of repression. She wants to avoid that for #OWS. #nycsc

Jason from Housing: “We’re still working on our showers and some of the things we need for basic living here at West Park. Will bring…”

Cont’d: “..a proposal for that later. And in terms of internal work, and we’re thinking about having a night off someday, if you get..”

Cont’d: “…a chance to look for good activist speakers to kind of rally the troops — we’ve been taking a lot of shots.” #nycsc #ows

Cont’d: “So, just having people help us get riled up on a daily basis, like a rally instead of a meeting, might help us out. We might…”

Cont’d: “…learn something.” Notes that the church can accomodate like 600, 700 people for a meeting/rally. #nycsc #ows

Katie w/ OWS Works: “RE: the office; there was an anonymous complaint that there was a mini-Zuccotti in the office, which is..” #nycsc #ows

Cont’d: “…obviously not true.” So they’re working w/ UFT, building management to figure out what kind of access they’ll have. #nycsc #ows

There will be a meeting tomorrow at 1pm about the Occupied Office. #NYCSC #OWS

Katie also announces that if you were penned in during the Obama dinner fiasco, a law firm is working towards a suit, get in touch! #nycsc

OWS Works is having a community meeting 1/19 at 6pm in the Atrium to plan town halls they’re having. #nycsc #ows

Outreach: “We have a printing budget! If you want printing, all you have to do is email print@nycga.net; just have a working group listed.”

Cont’d: “And also, b/c we were sort of using the office as our dropoff/pickup point, there are some prints up there that I don’t have..”

Cont’d: “…access to, but we can work with people to get the prints they need.” #nycga #ows

Next, Patrick, Vision & Goals: “I’d like to take a min & read something to you very quickly. This is the work-in-progress vision statement.”

Here’s the Vision proposal from Vision and Goals Working Group: http://t.co/0zbAMLAA It’s in front of GA, not Spokes, tho. #nycsc #ows

Patrick from V&G is explaining that they’ll keep bringing it to GA until they give the sense it’s done, then they’ll seek consensus! #nycsc

One more: OWS en Español: “We’ve passed a resolution approving some funds — conducted a radio program for a month and a half…” #nycsc

Cont’d: “…it’s 2 hours, every Saturday, in Spanish, 89.3 FM.” Spanish assembly approved money… #nycsc #ows

Oh, this is the first proposal. “The program runs every Saturday 7-9pm at 89.3FM. Our mission is to empower our community to present laws..”

Cont’d: “..at the city council, at the state level, where the communities are involved.” First want a measure to have Council read every…

Cont’d: …proposal they discuss on cable and TV channels. “Also, the radio program belongs to #OWS en Español and the community.” #nycga

Cont’d: “Those are the two bodies this program will belong to.” Want ppl to see what we’re doing!” #nycsc #ows

So, OWS en Español proposal says that they passed the money in OeE but Accounting made him get it through a GA or SC proposal. Wheew..

Stairs clarifies: $750 for a radio and TV; part of what they also want is to have a digital library. I’m still not totally clear tho. #nycsc

Proposal’s not on the website, but I bet we’ll have some good “clarifying questions” about this. #NYCSC #OWS

First CQ: Facilitation. “Exactly how much time does $750 give you with the radio station?” A: “The whole program is 2 hours, every Sat..”

Cont’d: “…but all the money will be also towards expanding the program, leaflets, other mediums to expand into the community.” #NYCSC #OWS

Cont’d: “So it lasts for 2 weeks.” #nycsc #ows CQ: Library. “Is this the first time you’ve asked for $; will you ask for more?” #NYCSC #OWS

A: “We want this to be able to sustain itself, using small businesses, who will buy advertising to be sustainable.” #nycsc #ows

CQ restates Q, A: “Yes.” #nycga #ows

Someone asked something I couldn’t hear, but the answer is “$150 to pay the sound engineer.” $20 for transportation? #NYCSC #OWS

Proposer says he’s not in charge of all the details. Sustainability, CQ: “Thank you for the proposal. I didn’t understand a lot of it, so..”

Cont’d: “..my Q may have already been A’d. Bt you said this was an ongoing show; but you said that was to pay 1 session of engineering.”

Questioner isn’t sure whether it’s an ongoing effort. Answer is that pays for 2 sessions? #nycga #ows

TechOps’ CQ: “We can’t offer you anything right now, but if you didn’t need the tech and engineer, would they charge you just..” #nycsc #ows

Cont’d: “…to syndicate the show itself?” A: “We don’t have facilities for television, just radio. That’s pt of the idea, we could expand.”

That’s it for CQs, so we’re moving onto concerns! Working groups have conferred, so we’re opening stack. #nycsc #ows

C: “Is this only broadcast in Spanish? I think it’s great that you want to broadcast bills, but I live in those neighborhoods too…”

Cont’d: “…and I don’t speak Spanish. Will it be translated?” #nycsc #ows

A: We were handed over a program that has always been in Spanish. #nycsc #ows

Next, OWS Works’ concern: “Since this is a complex proposal, we’re wondering if we could have the proposal written out and up on the site.”

Cont’d: “Then, you can bring it back to Spokes on Monday.” #nycsc #ows

Next concern; if this *does* sustain itself after two weeks “it’ll be worth it.” Wants some assurance of this. #nycsc #ows

A: “It’s been working and airing over 1.5 months; we can write out the proposal…this is just til we get on our feet.” #nycsc #ows

Next, “I understand more, but now I’m confused. The program has been run for 1.5 months. So you want to expand your listener base for 2wks..

Cont’d: “…and that will solve your finances?” A: “We’ve been paying ourselves, but no one will give you 2 hours for free.” #nycsc #ows

So Stairs tries to clarify that the money is for time already used, tht they can’t pay. Library gets up to support distributing info. #nycsc

Anthony from Class War WG asks that we support it so people from other communities, like his family, might support #OWS. #nycsc #ows

An FA: “I support what you’re doing, but the proposal was so unclear. Next time, can you bring more details?” A: Proposer was asked last min

Tech’s FA is that they can maybe defray some costs by providing their own resources/engineer in future? Accepted. #nycsc #ows

Next FA: “I agree it’s necessary and worthwhile; but my concern is with sustainability. What is going to sustain this going forward?” #nycsc

Cont’d: “So, a plan for that — maybe bring it back with a plan to make sure it can keep going.” #nycsc #ows

A: “We’re working to make it sustainable — we’re going to list resources we have between us,” invite skill shares. #nycsc #ows

So, the FA is accepted — next time, if “you come back for more money,” bring a plan for it to be sustainable. #nycsc #ows

OK, restating the proposal: $750 for the OWS en Español radio program! With accepted friendly amendments as previously stated. #nycsc #ows

Moving to consensus. “Are there any standasides?” No standasides. “Are there any blocks?” No blocks. Consensus! #nycsc #ows

Next proposal! Max from Facilitation will present. “We’ve been having SC in this space when it’s available, which is usually!” #nycgs #ows

Cont’d: “We’d like to continue doing so!” We’ve been getting serious discounts. The proposal is for funding for Spokescouncil space. #nycsc

Here’s the proposal frm Facilitation. Working groups are discussing any CQs or Cs for their Spokes to present: http://t.co/ohPQj3ho #NYCSC

Max clarifies, this is our 7th night here, so the budget will start tonight going forward. Trish’s NYCGA Council has the first CQ. #nycsc

Trish: “Can we get a clarification on whether this belongs at Spokescouncil or does it need to go to GA?” Notes recent confusion #nycsc #ows

Max clarifies, the Spokescouncil handles funding requests for internal logistics. GA handles outward-facing budget allocations. #nycsc

Trish is debating the point with Max, tho it’s not easy to pin what the point is. Stairs clarifies, this is logistical and internal. #nycsc

CQ: “Who manages this, and why are we behind?” A: “It’s been historically difficult to get $ for #Spokes, b/c it couldn’t hand out $.”#nycsc

CQ: “Are efforts being made to find other places who will host for free?” A: “Hours and hours of outreach have been done; the search for..”

Cont’d: “..cheap Spokescouncil locations close to Zuccotti Park continues.” #nycsc #ows

Restricted Diets, Sage: “We’re covering the next 3 meetings?” A: “No, paying back cost on this space, then $450/week cap going fwd.” #nycsc

Next CQ: “How important is it to have a Spokes location near Zuccotti Park? It’s not really that centric.” A: “I’m not sure it 100% bears..”

Cont’d: “..on this proposal. The original proposal said it would be as close as possible to ZP. Here, we just want to keep paying for this.”

CQ: “Can you clarifying that Spokes can only make decisions internal to OWS/SC, and cannot make decisions that affect GA?” #nycga #ows

Max clarifies that Spokes could allocate money to pay for GA, but it can’t tell GA to move. “Doesn’t make sense to me to do that..” #nycsc

Cont’d: “…when GA hasn’t even asked to move indoors.” This is in response to Sage and Nan saying GA should get money for space too. #nycsc

OK, stacking up Concerns. Anthony, Class War, is concerned it doesn’t hv enough wiggle room in case there is a space emergency. #nycsc #ows

Next Concern: “Have people been looking for a permanent space where #OWS can live and work w/o paying rent?” #nycsc #ows

Jason from housing answers glibly: “The search for space continues.” But there are legal reasons that we cannot be a tenant. #ows #nycsc

Next, Nan asks if Facilitation had had a chance to speak with someone named Stan? Says he has a list of spaces. #nycsc #ows

Nan asks if we’ve been working with Housing to try to get a better deal. Max notes that he has been working w/ them and others. #nycsc #ows

Max: “I have been working on it; others have been working on it; we’ll keep working on it.” Might be a church that will let us.. #nycsc #ows

Cont’d: …use their gym for free, but we need to get our own act together first “because they’ll be easier to offend than this one.” #nycsc

OK, we’re on friendly amendments. The first FA: “Can Facilitation make an effort to post the location of Spokes >a day in advance online?”

Next FA: “I propose facilitation and housing get together and set one amount for meetings and housing held here.” #nycsc #ows

A: “By the time I started working on this, Housing had already gotten $ for sleeping space. I had to bring it separately. But…” #nycsc

Cont’d: “…I am in communication w/ Housing and we’re working on something like that.” Trish says Housing has a new proposal. #nycsc #ows

Jeff notes that Housing has a proposal for Monday for 2 more weeks of space at this location. Max says the budget is a cap, so.. #nycsc #ows

Cont’d: … if collaboration w/ Housing saves money, the $ will go back to the GA. But says that the philosophical issues facing Housing..

Cont’d: …are different from those facing Spokescouncil. “I think they should be separate. But I feel the group should decide.” #nycsc #ows

PoP: “Maybe recommend we do the reimbursement part, and separate the ongoing budget, get the first part passed?” #nycsc #ows

Stairs notes that’s not a point of process. Hahah. [Isn't it tho? :D -Ed.] #nycsc #ows

Minutes’ FA: “Let’s be more concerned with management of these funds and pay our rent on time.” And let’s be mindful of our reputation….

Cont’d: “People already think we’re lazy hippies and stuff; let’s not let them think we’re lazy hippies who don’t pay their rent on time.”

Restricted Diets’ FA: “This is 2-fold: 1. there should be something in the writing of this proposal that mandates that you sit down..”#nycsc

Cont’d: “..with Housing, and the Pastor of this Church.” Sage feels that since the ppl living here are #OWS, detaching the two things…

Cont’d: …isn’t a privilege that we have. “Secondly, allocating $ for comfort of Spokes without taking care of GA,” is unethical. #nycsc

Max: “I can’t take all that on. If someone else can, great.” Max notes that GA was moved indoors on trial basis but lost the space. #nycsc

Anthony’s POI: “Spokescouncil doesn’t have the power to move GA inside. GA has jurisdiction over Spokes, not vice versa.” #nycsc #ows

Someone suggests we try to have a bartering exchange w/ the church. Jason from Housing: “We can’t go to Pastor to say, maybe we can…”

Cont’d: “…figure out someone to do the work that you need.” Jason pauses to consider. “I wouldn’t put Spokes, Max, or #OWS in a position..

Cont’d: “…to have to put together a team to provide services at this point.” Max: “When I met Pastor Weds, I invited Housing. They…”

Cont’d: “…didn’t come.” Explains that he sent an email, but someone says they didn’t get it. “I just want the $450/week cap, so we..”

Cont’d: “…can pay our rent going forward.” Notes that Facilitation really likes idea of moving GA back indoors. #nycsc #ows

Trish says she’s glad tht Facilitation is still “interested in GA building.” She says she had subgroup of Facilitation bt “it went nowhere.”

[It's not true on any level. -Ed.] Trish again makes same suggestion about Facilitation and Housing working together. #nycsc #ows

Next FA suggests that Facilitation return next week after working out these various concerns and options. #nycsc #ows

Max: “My concept was to get a budget cap, and then coordinate with housing.” But he agrees to take back payment and a week’s budget for now.

Next FA: “What I want to amend, because I agree this shouldn’t all fall on Facilitation. Where we have Spokes and GA isn’t…” #nycsc #ows

Cont’d: “It’s been discussed in smaller groups, & we need to make sure we’ve got our resources, but we need to pay rent and keep SC going.”

Someone asks if the intention is to revisit this issue every week? A: “No. We’ll come back in a wk & have worked something out w/ housing.”

Facilitation asks Max to confer with them about going forward; they seem to want Max to stick with the original proposal. #nycsc #ows

Max: “My working group, and others in the room, don’t want me to combine with housing; others do.” So, still the one week plan.. #nycsc #ows

Cont’d: …but instead of a promise to coordinate with Housing, they’ll “get on the same page as Housing” and bring a new proposal. #nycsc

Sumumba’s FA is that we “all come to the table and offer something to help us with our space needs.” Max “would love not to be finding..”

Cont’d: “…space for GA or Spokes,” bt “this doesn’t sound like a friendly amendment that *I* can accept.” I.e., it’s everyone! #nycsc #ows

Max: “This is me reaching out: if you can help us find a cheaper space, please let me know.” He’ll keep trying to get it w/o general fund.

Restating proposal: “$1000 for backpayments, $450 for tonight, Mon, Weds, and we’ll be open to any future help we can get finding spaces…”

Cont’d: “..for less money.” It’s already on the website, but we’ll put it out in other ways. “And we’ll look for outside funding.” #nycsc

Moving to consensus: 2 standasides, 1 block. Trish’s block: “I just feel very strongly facilitation should work with Housing.” #nycsc #ows

Stairs asks Trish if anything can be done to remove the block. “Yeah, drop the second part of the proposal.” #nycsc #ows

Max: “If this passes now, we’ll cut the check on Monday. If I bring another proposal Monday, we’ll be behind already.” #nycsc #ows

Max: “I’ve already dropped the second half of the proposal to make it work for you.” Trish: “No, you didn’t do that for me- it was for you.”

Max: “So even though I dropped the ongoing budget for you, you’re still going to block it?” Trish is. #nycsc #ows

Max: “OK, so I’m going to drop the friendly amendment and ask for the weekly budget, since I’m getting a block anyway.” Bam. #nycsc #ows

Folks whooped at that. “Let’s pass it.” OK, so we’re moving to modified consensus. @ZoeTreuer chides Facilitation WG for being loud, hah.

Anthony says, “If your block is not morally, ethically, or safety-based, it’s not valid. And this from the #NYCGA Council Council!” #LULZ

Stairs: “At this time, I’d like to know if there are any standasides to the new proposal.” No standasides. “Are there any blocks?” Trish.

Stairs asks if Trish’s block is for the same reasons. Trish: “It’s still the same old same old; nothing’s changed.” #nycsc #ows

Stairs: “The proposer has chosen to go to modified consensus.” Someone else PoP: “A block is intended to state an ethical, moral or safety..

Cont’d: “…concern, right? But that block is a safety concern because it would make us lose this space. So I think that’s invalid.” #nycsc

“You could make us lose this space by putting us into debt yet again. That is a safety and ethical concern.” A little spat ensues. #nycsc

.@ZoeTreuer summons our attention. “Max has a statement, and then we’ll move to modified consensus.” #nycsc #ows

Max: “If you don’t like what’s happening in the room, at any moment, the worst thing you can do is start making noise.” #nycsc #ows

Cont’d: “I’ll still work w/ Housing and talk to the Pastor. If we can still get a better price, we will. I’m committed to that.” #nycsc #ows

OK, Stairs counting modified consensus. “How many spokes against?” Just the one. “How many for?” 22. “22 to 1, this proposal passes.”#nycsc

OK, next proposal! It’s Housing. Allegra is the spoke. “We want to continue offering weekly metrocards to facilitate” individuals… #nycsc

Cont’d: “…contributing to #OWS.” They’re the 7-day weekly Metrocards. This proposal used to go to GA, but now is Spokes’ since activation.

Here’s the Metrocard proposal from Housing: http://t.co/ebnoRCUD #nycsc #ows

OK, CQs. “Last time I was here, there were 120 ppl being housed. Now we’re down to 115?” A: “There were 30 cards left over since last…”

Cont’d: “…proposal, but we split it into 2, so it’s 15 per week. That’s how that happened.” #nycga #ows

Facilitation: “Who are the point ppl for Housing and who will be passing out these Metrocards to the groups?” #nycsc #ows

A: “As far as Metrocard distribution goes, it differs depending on who in group steps up to do it. It’s been me and Brian.” #nycsc #ows

Next, Movement Building asks how they determine who’s contributing. A: “Working group point people have that responsibility – Housing has..”

Cont’d: “..no right whatsoever to determine who gets cards.” If they have the form signed, they get a card, “that’s all.” #nycsc #ows

Library thanks them for bringing the proposal for the benefit of the movement. “I don’t enjoy this service, but 2 in Library do.” #nycsc

Cont’d: “Their concerns are that the distribution has been problematic; it seems unclear and unsafe at times.” #nycsc #ows

Library also says they’re not sure this is a good expenditure of funds. “That’s the general feeling that we have.” #nycsc #ows

A: “I personally was looking into bicycles, but because it’s cold, may be snowy and icy, we tabled that until it gets warmer out.” #nycsc

Cont’d: “We’re also looking into buses.” “I can’t stress enough that we’re really open to suggestions.” #nycsc #ows

Library asks that they address the distribution issue. “There seems to be more demand than supply.” #nycsc #ows

A: “We give them out on a first-come-first-serve basis right now.” She’s not quite sure the entire context of the question… #nycsc #ows

Cont’d: …and neither is the questioner, since he’s not speaking from his own experience. She reviews the process anyway. #nycsc #ows

PoI RE: distro: “I was really uncomfortable making the decision for people, so essentially we let the group decide who gets it; I’m…”

Cont’d: “…just the guy checking a box.” That’s Ronnie, Outreach. “That’s kind of fair, actually.” K, no more CQs, conferring for concerns.

OK, we’re back with Concerns. Sustainability: “My concern is, it’s a lot of money per week to be spending on Metrocards.” #nycsc #ows

He, though, got one “because I really need one.” Reminds us it started with moving people to churches. “We could see this get out..”#nycsc

Cont’d: “..of control, really quickly.” Notes they’re essentially like money; maybe Accounting should be handling them. #nycsc #ows

A: “There’s a Transportation WG being formed at 60 Wall tomorrow at noon; this will probably be transferred to that group.” #nycsc #ows

Nan notes there are others working on transport for weeks, should get in touch. The Transportation WG ppl agree, will do. #nycsc #ows

Minutes is concerned that the distribution of the cards seems kind of “flaky, arbitrary.” A: “As it stands, we give them out at Spokes…”

Cont’d: “…or GA, unless there’s a crazy weather event or something.” They try hard to let them know when they’re giving them out, where.

Cont’d: “But it’s 6-9; they’re generally at Spokes or GA.” Minutes is still concerned. “You give them to point people right?” #nycsc #ows

A: “No, we give them out to people directly [with signed form from point ppl].” Next: “Maybe you could create a cluster, with..” #nycsc #ows

Cont’d: “…Housing in charge, to make sure somebody is doing the work.” Wants to increase accountability for Metrocards. #nycsc #ows

Cont’d: “Maybe that’s something you’d be open to, point people could come together, and say, “Who’s doing what?” Not to exclude…”

Cont’d: “…but to make sure we’re not running a social services agency.” Next,”NYCGA Council”! #nycga #ows

Trish: “I thought when it was put forth, cards not ust for sleeping, but to help ppl get to protests, and events. Is that still true?”#nycsc

A: “Yes — we let WG coordinators decide this based on work being doing.” Someone asks if weekly unlimited is cheapest – it is. #nycsc

OK, we’re back. OWS Works has a friendly amendment: “We’d like to recommend you have de-escalation and security present when cards..”#nycsc

Cont’d: “…given out so it can proceed in an orderly and safe fashion.” Accepted. “Next, Sustainability.” #nycsc #ows

Sustainability’s FA: “I’d like to see the people distributing rotate every time.” A: “We always have 3, w/ different jobs.” #nycsc #ows

A cont’d: “And we do rotate, but we’ll make it official and accept.” #nycsc #ows

[We took a short opposite-of-a-break in order to give Trish time to make a fuss about nothing and slow us all down. -Ed.] #nycsc #ows

Housing clarifies that “we were asked to take on the transportation situation” because people were getting arrested hopping turnstiles. #ows

Next FA, Vision&Goals: “My FA is we should have this as our ongoing and reoccuring item rather than needing a new proposal.” #nycsc #ows

A: “Very good proposal; maybe once Transportation and Nan’s wrkng grp come together to deal with this, they can take it from there.” #nycsc

Next FA: “Since this is unsustainable based on our money situation, I’d like to have a meeting between stakeholders to discuss…” #nycsc

Cont’d: “..other options.” Feels strongly that bikes should still be on table unless there’s snow on the ground. #nycsc #ows

A: “That’s great; I hope the Transportation WG will consider that.” #nycsc #ows

Next FA is from Sumumba’s concern about making sure people are actually doing “work”. Housing mentions it’s been a challenge to define it.

Sumumba’s amendment proopses that point people for Metrocards need to come to an AM coordinators’ meeting to speak w/ them. #nycsc #ows

Minutes’ FA suggests that they hand the Metrocards to the working groups, rather than do it themselves. #nycsc
#ows

A: “The way we do it was set up by GA; we can’t go back on that in Spokes.” Clarifies that “we know the numbers on these cards…” #nycsc

Cont’d: ..and they verify that they are being held onto. Verifying work “is up to the point people.” They keep a tally and the serial #s.

Cont’d: “On top of that, we keep a stack of used cards from the week before. If you don’t bring your card back, you won’t get another.” #OWS

Cont’d: “So, it’s a lot easier for us to keep them consolidated, for record-keeping purposes.” OK, one more FA on stack. #nycsc #ows

PoI from Nan, who says she’s seen people forge signatures. A: “We’ve had ppl forge signatures; we’ve seen people walk outside, change…”

Cont’d: “…clothes, come back with a different name and ask for another card.” So they need someone (WGs) to verify folks. #nycsc #ows

Sage PoPs, notes that this proposal comes up over and over again, asks if Facilitation can help make things easier next time. #nycsc #ows

Stairs reminds us that a FA was added that makes this proposal renew itself indefinitely. Housing restates proposal plus FAs. #nycsc #ows

FAs: “We’ll do everything in our power to rotate, this proposal is indefinite, and de-escalation will staff distribution places.” #nycsc

Stairs: “OK, I’d like to take standasides. If your group is standing aside, put your card up.” 6 standasides. “Any groups blocking?” #nycsc

Facilitation is blocking. Some people are surprised. Nan is ecstatic: “I love you! I love you!” Stairs calls for silence. #nycsc #ows

Facilitation is blocking because of the loop — “if we do that, we won’t need to change the situation until we run out of money.” #nycsc

A: “We accepted an FA about finding better solutions; there’s a Transportation working group that will be taking this on…” #nycsc #ows

Cont’d: “…and I like the bicycle idea, but it will take time to bring them back.” Housing and Facilitation are negotiating. #nycsc #ows

Jason from Housing stands up, and speaks to facilitation. “We’ve gone to every single working group that could potentially stand..”

Cont’d: “..to benefit to give us things to do. We were going to go to press to show the Press what ppl in Housing were doing while…”

Cont’d: “…#OWS was paying for housing.” Housing decides to remove re-occuring FA, keep it to 2 weeks, to be sure this doesn’t…

Cont’d: “..get lost in the shuffle without further conversation and improvement.” Facilitation changes their block to a yes. #nycsc #ows

OK, so we’re back to basic proposal. $3335/wk for 2wks of Metrocards, plus FAs of having de-escalation present & they’ll rotate. #nycsc #ows

OK, so here’s what just happened… Hydro, the “People’s Hero”, who is some dude who basically just shows up to interrupt meetings, just…

Cont’d: …did his thing. Sage, simultaneously, decided to block the Housing proposal simply to try to give Hydro the floor. #nycsc #ows

Cont’d: The group balked at him doing that, having already ignored Hydro, and then someone pointed out that Sage was spoke on Wednesday.

So, Sage can’t block. “Consensus,” Jason declared! But then Nan flipped out, threw herself at Jason, and was forcibly separated. #nycsc #ows

That’s the last proposal, tho, so #NYCSC is over for the night. Thanks for following, fam! Qs, concerns — hit me up @diceytroop. #ows

Comments are closed.