The NYPD raided Liberty Plaza in the middle of the night. Our re-occupation plans are already underway.
This movement can’t be contained in one square block in lower Manhattan. It is bigger than that. You can’t evict an idea whose time had come.
Show your support. Turn out en masse….
Here is the current list of critical events on Tuesday 11/15/11:
- Restraining Order Against Eviction of Zuccotti!!!
City Hearing Today at 11:30, 71 Thomas St.
Temporary restraining order issued at 6:30 am prohibiting evictions from Liberty Park (unless “lawful arrests for criminal offenses) allowing protestors back in with tents or other property previously utilized, and prohibitng enforcing “rules published after the occupation began.Attorneys associated with the New York City Chapter of the National Lawyers Guild working as the Liberty Park Legal Working Group obtained a temporary restraining order against the City of New York, various City agencies, and Brookfield properties directing that occupiers be allowed back on the premises with their belongings. See link for the order: http://nlgnyc.org/
- SOLIDARITY EVENT INFO: From Movement Building: http://interoccupy.org/action
- Government due to appear in court (71 Thomas Street) at 11:30 am today to respond. For actions:
- hug a lawyer
- show up at the courthouse at 11:30
- know that, given this order, protestors have the right to re-enter the park with belongings. and if the government prevents that before 1130, they will be defying this judge’s order. people could print this out and go there peacefully and lawfully.
- keep the lawyers informed of police interactions, reliable information sharing is how they are able to put these kinds of things together; NLG num 212-679-6018
- GA TONIGHT at 7pm in Zuccotti Square
- Facilitation Meeting: Discussion of GA Agenda Items at 4pm in 60 Wall St.
- 12:00 N: SDNY Pickup, 650 W 57st street. According to a flyer distributed early in the raid, people can pickup anything that was not destroyed by the NYPD. To us, that doesn’t seem to leave much, but good luck.