We’re pleased to announce that along with rolling out a new look and feel for the site, we have also just introduced another frequently-requested feature: Group Email Subscriptions.
Now, all members of a group can subscribe to email notifications for activity within that group. On the group’s main page, if you are a member of the group, under the “Leave Group” button, you’ll see a new line that says “Your email status is”. Here, you can click to change your subscription level. The options are:
- No Email: I will read this group on the web
- Weekly Summary: Get a summary of topics each Thursday
- Daily Digest: Get the day’s activity bundled into one email at 5:00 AM
- New Topics: Send new topics as they arrive (but no replies)
- All Email: Send all group activity as it arrives
Each member can adjust his/her own preferences and set it up just how they like it. Plus, you can have different settings for each group you’re in. How useful!
And if all that didn’t knock your socks off, Group Admins can now send mass emails to all members of their group. Yay for communication!