DA Proposal for November 17th Morning Action (and Morning only)
Occupy Wall Street, in solidarity with organized labor and the 99% around the world, will mobilize for a day of non-violent direct action to reject the economy that divides us and rebuild an economy that works for all. We will resist the banks and the governments they control, reclaim our democracy, and recreate the society we want to see.
We call upon the 99% to join us in fighting austerity in the US and around the world.
Resist the 1% economy that drowns us in debt, forecloses on our homes, profits from war, eliminates our jobs and closes our schools and hospitals.
Reclaim the economy for the 99%. Everyone deserves the opportunity to find honest work, live with dignity, and pursue a better future.
Recreate our democracy. We will start to create a society that is organized to meet human needs, not maximize corporate profit.
On November 17th, the 99% will reclaim our destiny from the 1% and fight back against their plans for austerity.
Direct Action needs $5,000 to organize and execute the morning action on N17. The funds will go to:
- Materials for direct support of Non-Violent direct actions
- Non-Violent Direct Action Trainings (supplies, materials for training).
- Art Supplies (tools, banners, posters, t-shirts, etc)
- Space rental (for NVDA trainings/art fabrication)
- Vehicles rental
- Outreach materials (website domain registration)